Quilt With Us

This year's block is an easy block to construct and can be made using four 2 1/2" strips of colored fabrics and one 2 1/2" strip of background fabric. (Hooray-  NO HSTs or Flying Geese!!  LOL)  This block is 8 1/2" square and will finish at 8" when sewn into a quilt.  Please make TWO blocks for each birthday girl.

To make this block you will need: four 2 1/2" squares of background fabric; one 2 1/2" square and one 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle of each of the four different fabrics that make up the woven ribbons. Look at the block sample posted at the bottom of this discussion to help with the layout.

To help your fellow Birthday Swappers better select the appropriate fabrics I am going to ask you to pull out four fabric samples and a background sample from your stash.  Then take a picture of these fabrics and post this photo for all of us to see!  It really helps seeing actual samples!  Otherwise, we may have a different color in mind than the actual color the Birthday Gal has in her mind!  (What may be 'turquoise' to some might be 'teal' to others!) 

February 9th- Marcia: white polka dots on bright colors for 'ribbons' and solid white for background   (My birthday is actually January 9th but for the convenience of this swap I'm going to pretend it is February 9th!!)

March 19th- MaryBeth: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and solid white or white on white for background

August 8th- Jan W : Light pink, Dark Pink, Light Gray, Dark Gray for the 'ribbons' and white on white for background

September 19th- Janice H: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and white on white for background

October 23rd- Jackie O: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and solid white or white on white for background

November 7th- Nancy H: Gray, Yellow, Aqua/Teal, and Tangerine for 'ribbons' and solid white for background

December 1st- Tressa J: Bright fabrics (solids or small prints) for 'ribbons' and solid black for background

December 11th- Lynne: muted blues (think Kim Diehl or Thimbleberries) for 'ribbons' and cream for background

December 16th- Joyce: Dark tan, Burgundy, Green, and Brown for 'ribbons' and light cream for background

Views: 504

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry you won't be joining us in this year's Birthday Swap, but understand.  We'll miss you!

I'm liking all the color ways you ladies have selected thus far!  This will be a super easy block to construct and fun to make into a project!

Nancy & Jackie- make sure you talk to Joyce and ask her what color way she prefers!

Finally talked to Mom about this. We are both in on this years B-day exchange.

Janice H. Birth date Sept 19 and she chooses patriotic. Forgot to ask her about the background color.

And for me-- birth date  Dec. 1st  Brights (as in very),any kind of a small print will do, with solid black background

Oooooo-Aaahhhh!  I'm really drawn to your color choices, Tressa!  I so love BRIGHTS!!!  (I'm thinking we might be sisters from different mothers!)  LOL  :)  It will be fun to see your finished project! 

Mom (Janice) wants white on white as her background fabric.

The bright fabrics for my block/s can be solids or prints.

I have reached out to Joyce and will let you know if she is participating.  I am on the fence with all the other ufo birthday exchanges I have, but leaning on going for it.  It looks like a fun and easy block, so will decide and post once I hear from Joyce.

Just for clarification, we are making 2 for each Birthday girl?

Okay, ladies, Joyce is in

Dec 16 birthday: colors Dark Tan, Burgundy, Green, Brown and Light cream as background.

Nancy

November 7: Colors : Gray, Yellow, Aqua/teal and Tangerine and background white.

While I've had a lot of fun participating in other years and I love this block, I just have too much on my plate right now.  With any luck, life will be a tad more settled next year.

Well, DRAT!  Sorry you won't be able to join in on this year's Birthday Swap, Darce.  :(  Life did get hectic for you and we understand your reason for not participating. Hope life settles down for you!  

I too have decided to pass this year.  Sorry gals.

Oh no....not you too, Deb!  So sad we are losing several of our previous Birthday Swappers.  :(  

(Hope it's not the block pattern that I drew out of the hat that is causing all of you to drop out of the swap.)

Quick question for you, Nancy:  for your background color you selected white.  Do you want a solid white or a white on white?

Since we don't have as many participants in this swap and it is a smaller block (8 1/2")- let's make TWO blocks for each birthday gal.  It's an easy block to construct and you can make both blocks using the same fabrics because you will have enough of the strips left over from your first block that you can make a duplicate block!  So does TWO blocks sound okay?

Sounds good, Marcia!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service