Quilt With Us

I am starting this discussion to kind of organize who is going to the Ankeny Quilt Show. Their website says it's friday and saturday, july 6th and 7th. I thought the majority of us who are going might be going on saturday, as some are working friday. I would love to get a plan going for lunch somewhere. Maybe somewhere that has sort of a private area for us girls to be loud in and share/show what we have bought. I can't think of anywhere in ankeny at the moment, but I will keep brainstorming amd ask around.
If you are interestednor definitely can go, let me know and I'll keep a list up top here! I can make a cell phone list if that's okay with everyone. Just send me your cell # through regular email and I will compile it amd send the list out to each of you. My email addy is bugeez04@yahoo.com
If there is anything I have forgotten to mention please bring it up. I am not the best at these discussions!

Diane- friday only
Jackie- saturday only
Lynne- possibly friday and Saturday
Marcia- saturday only

Peg- saturday only
Marybeth- saturday only

Betty- Saturday
Pat- saturday

Views: 433

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm game for anywhere...but Tasty Tacos (where we met at last year) was yummy!

As long as someone else is doing the cooking for me-I'm happy eating ANYWHERE!  ;^)

Andrea-do you know what the Saturday demonstrations are and at what time?

No, I asked a friend from the ankeny guild and she said she hadn't heard anything yet. Sounds like the planning isn't going so well or something. Wonder what's going on. I'll let you know if I hear any more about it.

I would like to come and join you ladies for lunch. I will watch for a time you are meeting and where you are going to eat.  Iknow how to get to Ankeny, but I do not know where the college is. Where from Walmart is it?

betty it's north and west of walmart. i'll get the address so you can mapquest it.

Betty- the church's address is posted with my reply regarding the time and place (on page one).

If all goes well, I will be riding up with Jackie, Thank You so much for the info on the address and where I would be going. I certainly appreciate that.

It will be nice to see everyone again before the show.

Betty, just got on to give you the directions- saw that Marcia gave you the address. (Thanks Marcia!) Here's some directions as well...take 180 to exit 92 ankeny. Turn west onto first street in ankeny. Travel west until you come to the intersection of first and State street, then turn right (north) onto state street. Go a few blocks and turn left (west) onto 4th street nw. Shortly after you turn onto 4th you should see the parking lot. Hope that helps!

Marcia, I would love tasty tacos, but i was thinking about it and last year it was very busy around lunch time. I am just worried that we won't find enough room for all of us to sit since there will be more of us this year. There's okoboji grill or bandana's bbq? Just trying to think of somewhere that has some room for all of us. Any other ideas?

I don't have any ideas about where to meet,but plan to go to the quilt show and be available to meet for lunch. Just let me know where,LOL.

Okay I've been researching a little on the lunch ideas. Here's two options I've come up with... Okoboji grill-it's on delaware right across from target/home depot. They have a wide variety of options so everyone would be happy hopefully. I could also try calling to see if they have a private area we could use for our large group. Second is Bandana's BBQ it's on first street (you will pas it coming in from I80.) It's bbq of course, good food, never too busy and I'm pretty certain they have a private room I could check into. Let me know what each of you think is best.

Where ever we go, I thought we could all meet out in the lobby area by the admission tables around 11:45 and carpool to the restaurant so we wouldn't lose a ton of parking spaces. Sound good?

Please reply so I know where to call!

It isn't looking like I am going to make it Saturday.  Things are a little crazy around here this month.  Nothing bad, just too many things trying to go on at the same time plus driving the "assisted living van" as my son calls it.  Someday I'm going to catch up with you all I promise!

DRAT!  Sorry you won't be able to join us, Lynne.  :(

Ok, just called both places...okoboji's party room is booked and they weren' t very accomodating! Bandan's was very nice and their room wss available for noon on saturday (no charge), so I booked it. Hope this is okay with everyone. I think they might have chicken and steak too. It' s good food-I've been there before.

Okay- I would still like to know a rough estimate of how many of us will be there. Deb told me today that Jackie, Nancy and Joyce are all coming together...Betty weren' t you coming with Jackie too? I heard maybes from Peg, Melzee, and Lana- are you ladies joining us? Anyone else who's not listed above?

This is going to be fun! I plan to get to the show right around 9:00 so I can shop then check out the quilts after lunch! Anyone getting there around 9? We can meet up.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service