Quilt With Us

I am making a special page for cards from Glenda.  If you have any extra cards, she would love to receive them.  I do not know Glenda, but I an happy to make her smile and intend to send her cards, year around.  I always have extras around and I can always make a quick card to make her happy.  As soon as I get a few more cards, I will add a slide show to show all of you what Glenda will be receiving.  We are a generous and caring group and this is a perfect place to  post for her.  If you have a card, please send it to me at bracys @cox.net with Glenda's card in the subject line and I will add it to the slide you.  Thanks so much for your generosity.

Now the email:

I received an email from Road to California's organizers and thought that I would pass this along to all of you.  If you have an extra card or would like to make one, it would warm a heart.  This is it:

A Personal Note

My sister just celebrated her 67th birthday, however due to a birth injury she is mentally retarded - about 6 - 8 yrs of age.  She lives in a “care home” and basically is happy and really has not a care in the world.  Her greatest joy is to receive mail so I am asking you “roadies” to send her a Christmas card, picture post card, or ???  She carries a RED purse and loves to put her cards in the purse, take them out and look at them and repeat the process several times a day.  By sending a card you will really make Glenda’s day.
Glenda Kaye White, 1289 North 3rd Ave., Upland, CA 91786

Lastly

The Reese Family and Road to California Staff would like to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Quilting from Carolyn, Matt and The Road to California Staff!

Jan: 19-22 2012 Thurs. - Sat. 9:30-6:00 Sun. 10:00 - 3:30

It just give me goosebumps and I have to make a card for Glenda.

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

Found this poem online that I added to the back:

I’m a friendly snowman big and fat, 
Here is my tummy and here is my hat. 
I’m a happy fellow, here is my nose, 
I’m all snow from my head to my toes. 
I have two bright eyes so I can see, 
All the snow falling down on me. 
When the weather’s cold, I’m strong and tall, 
But when it’s warm, I get very small.

Bj, how cute!  She will be so happy with all of the cards.  I need to work on the slide show.  I wrote her a letter:

Diana Bracy  3150 S Nellis Blvd #2191 – Las Vegas, NV 89121

December 6, 2011

Hi Glenda,

Your lovely sister, Carolyn told us that you like receiving cards in the mail.  I am sending you a postcard.  This postcard can be sent out in the mail, just like a regular first class letter.  You can even write your name and address on it and mail it back to yourself!  You can also mail it out to anyone else.  I made it for you and I hope that you enjoy it.

Some of my friends read Carolyn’s letter and they are excited about sending cards to you, as well.  So, look for the mail because you will be receiving many more cards.  We hope that you enjoy each and every one of them.  Some of us will send you more cards, even if it is not Christmas time.  We have your address and think of you every time that we see cards.

Have a Merry Christmas and I will be sending you another card, soon.

It is so nice to meet you.  You are so lucky to have a sister like Carolyn and she is lucky to have you as a sister, too.

Diana

Diana, I would enjoy doing this.  If you will send me the above privately via email, I will take it to the base, and we will see about having a care group put together cards for the entire coming year.  I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to promote thinking of others before yourself.  Glenda will have so many cards, she can "paper" her room with them. 

Robbin, what a fantastically generous idea.  I have sent the letter to your private email.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  Blessings to all.  Glenda will have cards that last through next Christmas.  Thank you.

Will we be doing this again this year Diana.I thought if I ask now we would have time to make a couple .

Linda, I've been thinking of her all year, but, sorry to say, I've been a bit too distracted with other things going on in my life. I have her address sitting on my computer desk. I've been meaning to send her something "just because", but haven't followed through.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service