Quilt With Us

Does anybody quilt for charity? I joined a local group here in Colorado called Firehouse Quilts. We make "kid sized" quilts and donate them to the firehouses and emt's in Colorado. We bag them up with a tag "Made with Love from Firehouse Quilts", and then the firemen/emt's give them to child victims of crime/trauma/fire/accidents, etc. It is a great group, and wonder if anyone else is involved in any charity?

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am part of a group that makes quilts for an organization called Victorias quilts.  Quilts are donated to cancer patients who are undergoing Chemo treatments.  These treatments can cause a person to feel cold, so what would be better than a quilt, given with love?  The patient takes the quilt with them to their treatment and I understand it really helps the spirti.   I urge everyone to check out the website.  In Canada and in the US.  Victoria'squilts.com  and victoria'squilts.ca . Read the guestbook entries.   Some people make quilts, others like our small group make quilt tops and send them to the local branch of Victoria's quilts in our province where a long arm quilter finishes them. Others donate fabric or money for fabric or help in other ways. If you would like to help in some way, feel free to e-mail me and I can give you more details. 

To everyone who makes charity quilts, wherever the need, what you do is truly appreciated.

We make quilts for the needy and homeless of the National forest in central FL Our group is made up of 'snow birds' at The Lake In The Forest RV Resort in Ockalawaha, FL Most of our materials are donated.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service