Quilt With Us

I'm wondering if anyone has made this quilt? My mom has ordered the pattern and she is wondering what level you think this is beginner, intermediate or advanced? Were the instructions easy to follow and did you have any problems, can you offer any advice?

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ronda, Haven't heard of this pattern. Sounds wonderful! I love history and quilts! Where did your Mom order it?
Devonna
Devonna,

She actually purchased this from The Cherry Pit in Sevierville,TN. www.quiltingatthecherrypit.com . This is also available from Keepsake Quilting as a BOM. It's a gorgeous quilt, but I think she is a little nervous about it. She was hoping to take a class locally, but discovered it was going to be a lecture only and she was really wanting to actually sew in class just in case she ran into a snafoo or two.
Hi Ronda. I hope that your mom was able to get some help with the pattern. I have been to that quilt shop before. It is sure one of those charming shops where it is impossible to leave it without buying something! Could this shop help your Mom and does she live close by?
Marla,
I love this shop! I visit each autumn when we vacation in Gatlinburg. I have never left empty handed. We live on the other side of the state. Mom has devised a plan and is taking it slowly. She is completing one block a month. She has finished 4 thus far. She is a much better quilter than she thinks she is.
Hi Ronda, A friend of mine said she just joined the Keepsake Quilting BOM for this quilt. As I was looking through the internet to learn about it, I came across this quilter's blog who said it took her 3 years - but the results look worth it! http://piecinlove.blogspot.com/2007/12/womens-voices.html
Maybe your mom would want to contact this person? Or, if she has questions she can contact my and I'll ask my friend that is actually working on it. I haven't made my mind up if I want to add another project to my plate when I have so many unfinished!
Hi Joyce,
Thanks for responding. My mom is sewing a block a month and so far so good. She really is a talented quilter. She has completed 4 blocks and they look terrific. She belongs to a quilting guild and a couple of the ladies have completed 'Dear Jane' quilts. They've offered their help to Mom, so I think she is on the right track.
Ronda. we just finished offering the Women's Voices as a block of the month at our local quilt shop, The Gathering Room in LaGrange, KY. I've seen many of the blocks done, they are beautiful. I would consider them intermediate. Good Luck to your mom.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service