Quilt With Us

Make your comments and suggestions about our exclusive Essential thread here.

Views: 2346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm using Essential Thread for the first time. I love the feel and strength of it, but, and there seems to always be one, I hand sew and I'm having a bit of trouble with the thread knotting. I have tried putting the knot on different ends, using different needles, but it still seems to give me trouble. I wonder if anyone is having this problem or has found a way to help me with it. Thanks so much.
Yes it does seem to knot a bit and you need to use short lengths of thread or it will tend to break where it was folded in the needle. I just wet my fingers and slide it down the thread and that helps with the knots
I bought some Essential Thread from CT for the first time last month. I am very pleased with it. I was having problems with invisible thread for my machine quilting so I decided to trash it and buy myself some good thread that would not frustrate me. I have not quilted with it yet but I am using it now to make the Geese in the Posie Patch table runner. I have more colors on my wish list for me next CT order!
Does anybody know which thread colors were included in the old "Dusty" thread set? I have been ordering a set at a time, trying to accumulate them all, and then the colors switched, so now I'm not positive which threads I have and which I still need.
Thanks!
Melissa
Hey there Melissa. Yes, the Dusty set includes:
Set includes:
Turkey Red
Dusty Rose
Plum
Blue Moon
Slate Blue
Lagoon
Redwood
Sandstone
Rosewood
Rust
Honey
Dark Honey
Moss
Sage
Khaki

Item No. 21008

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Now is a great time to buy thread, some of them are "last chance!" http://www.connectingthreads.com/threads/Essential_Cotton_Quilting_...
Does anyone know why CT does not carry the Varigated thread anymore?  I love this thread and was going to order more back in December when I realized it was no longer available.

I just got my Pfaff 7570 out of the shop for a tension problem related to "fuzz ball" accumulation. I want to avoid as much of thus as I can in the future so am looking for a good thread substitute for the not so great  Coats & Clark offerings. Has anyone had experience with the Essential thread from CT in this model Pfaff?

I use CT thread almost exclusively, although I have a Janome 6600. It is pretty lint-y, but I haven't had any problems since I got in the habit of frequent cleanings. Whenever I start a project, I wind 2 bobbins. When the bobbins are used up, I know it is time to clean and replace my needle. It's amazing how much simpler life has been since I started doing it! :^}
Thanks Kit for your suggestion. I'll give it a go and will start using the Essential Threads too. I have some Mettler and Guterman in my leftover stash from heirloom sewing days so will use them up in the meantime. Karen
I just recieved another order of your great essential threads . I got the Blacks & whites this time . I love this thread . Plan on ordering some more
I think Essential thread is just wonderful cant but in New Zealand so a friend sends it to me.The colours are wonderful but i just aks her to keep me up with black, white, cream and grey

I was tired of only having the Gutterman thread to quilt with because it kept breaking or fraying when I was quilting.  It was okay for piecing but the quilting was murder on the thread.  I couldn't find any other alternatives until I found your catalogue.  I ordered a small spool on a whim with other things and when I used it, I was amazed at the quality of the thread!  I normally would have had to stop and start so many times because of the Gutterman breaking that I was shocked that I only had to stop to change the bobbin in the machine!  I use a lot of white in piecing so I went ahead and ordered several cones of the white, as well as the ecru and I have never looked back.  When doing an Amish-style quilt with black background, I didn't hesitate to order a black spool.  I am sooooo pleased at the quality, the price, and the colours available.  Literally every colour of the rainbow!  And did I mention the price????  The largest spools we could get of the Gutterman was 800 meters (876 yards) at about $8.95 Canadian to 1200 yards for $2.49.  Even with ordering in the US, it still is more economical for me.  I have some complete sets and when some colours were being discontinued, I ordered all the ones I didn't have.  I like the tips I've been reading about the colour numbers but it would be great if they could be printed on the spool somehow.  Thanks for a great product and I am telling all my friends about it!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service