Quilt With Us

Make your comments and suggestions about our exclusive Essential thread here.

Views: 2347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am in charge of my guild's retreat this year and this is very likely the thread they'll be getting in the goody bags. I haven't found a better deal on thread yet! The only decision is do I go with colors or neutrals???
I think colors are more fun...your members might have fun trading too.
I'm hooked on this thread now. I bought the neutral group and just love the assortment. Plus, I love the way the thread performs in piecing. It's a good weight for diagonal piecing and I don't find the need to do a scant. Love it!
I don't use anything else!!! Once I discovered Essential Thread, I no longer buy anywhere else. This stuff is great...and the colors fit almost anything. It suits all my quilts and crafts, and no way can your price be beat. I also recently bought a few yards of your fabrics to see what they are like. VERY impressed. Quality fabric with a nice soft meaty hand. Very easy to sew with.
Better get back to my machine...been away from it a week, and too many UFO's piling up again!
Have a Happy New Year!
I, too, use the essential threads in my embroidery machine to quilt. It works beautifully. I really love the colors, and I can either blend with the quilt or make the quilting stand out. I covet every color. LOL
Peggy
I love the Essential thread for machine sewing and machine quilting, but prefer a stiffer thread for hand quilting. Even with beeswax, the Essential thread is a little too silky for my preference for hand work. Best hand quilting thread, I think, is YLI.
Here's a little sneak peak so to speak - we are adding 17 new colors and reworking all the sets! The new colors will be in our warehouse around the beginning of April. :)
I have always used Gutterman Quilting (pink spool) thread for my handquilting and Gutterman regular (gold spool) for my applique. Recently tried YLI, but found it very "linty," and althogh I like the thinness of it, it doesn't seem to be too strong - or maybe I am just too rough with it. How does the Essential Thread compare with these? I know the price is less, which is a definite draw, but how about the strength and resistance to self-knotting while doing handwork? I am considering getting the neutral and country sets with my birthday gift certificate. Any advice from those who have used it extensively would be helpful. Thanks
I'm going to try using this thread for redwork. I'm not sure how it will work. I'm doing this because I'm worried about embroidery floss not being color fast. Has anyone out there tried it for this purpose?
I just recieved the neutral set but it's not for me. It's for my BFF for her birthday. I will try it out after she opens her gift. This is 50 wt., right? I know I would use it to piece with and maybe even use it to quilt with. I have an HQ-16. It loves King Tut but the price of Essentials is super.
On another forum a member said she loved this thread..When it went on sale I bought some. I must agree, it is the best thread I have used for piecing so far...Very little lint...my machine loves it... :)
Has anyone used it for applique?

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service