Quilt With Us

Have comments or questions about Connecting Threads fabric? Feel free to post them here!

If you have any problems with a Connecting Thread order or product, we want our customer service experts to help you fast! For the best service, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.574.1323. Thanks!

Views: 1365

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would really like to see a line of CT farbics that has a more Shabby chic look, similar to the Cottage Blossoms but more muted, like the Aviary collection or the Mary Rose collections. I think the muted color palette is very versatile. I also think that adding a secondary focus fabric for each line would be worth consideration. Possibly a large floral and paisley, or something similar.

I am a very big fan of CT fabrics, I love the quality. I also love the fact that the fabric can be purchased in fat quarters, and 1/4 yard increments, please do not ever do away with this. Thanks again!
Jennifer, I am with you! So far I am very very impressed with the fabric lines that CT has to offer. You guys are wonderfu!!
Hello
I'm living in France.
I would like so much to order fabrics and more. Why don't you send item overseas ?
You miss a lot of client . I prepared a 100 $ order but I have no one in Us or Canada to send the packet to France.
Please accept european buyers.
Yolande.audon@free.fr
Hi Yolande, I'm so sorry we don't offer shipping to Europe at the moment. We did years ago and had so many problems for both us and our customers that we stopped. We'll look into it again, but I can't make any promises!
I first had this in our Michigan group, but now see this topic.

I ordered 2 quilt kits from this website. It includes some 1/2 yard pieces as well as FQs.

I finished one.. a small 25" quilt.

I liked the quality of the fabric. I pre-washed the fabrics. The small quilt was easy to cut out and sew. The directions were great and included the pressing direction. The only problem I had with the fabric was that it didn't press as well as I'd have liked. I decided to do my hand quilting on most the seams I pressed to one side, so they would lay flatter.

Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if spraying the fabric with water would help? Or, would spray starch work?

I gave it as a wedding gift. I have the other one to sew before next year. [I'm working on other projects also]

Esther from Thumb of Michigan
Esther I have a similar problem with the fabric. I had purchased a kit for the Penny Candy Quilt (1930's repro fabrics). It came with fat quarters, and yardage. The fat quarters sewed up just fine but the white background fabric had a real tendency to stretch. So much so that my inside sashing strips and also the outside border have become so out of shape that I am unable to finish the quilt. It is to bad, my piecing of the stars and pinwheels were really great and then the background pieces messed it up. I didn't really discover this until I started quilting the top. I am so mad I have put it away and will buy more fabric from another source to make another quilt. I love the pattern, and the printed material but I will not risk another quilt because of the fabric. This was my first experience with Connecting Threads material and unfortunately my last.
Mary, I'm so sorry you were disappointed in our solid fabric. I've used this collection extensively myself and did notice the white was a little thinner than the prints, but I've seen this before in other manufacturers white fabric also, due to no printed dyes being added. But I definitely didn't experience the severe stretching you found.

I'm going to have our customer service manager give you a full credit for the fabric kit and give you a Connecting Threads gift certificate to use on any product. I know that doesn't cover the time you spent sewing this quilt, and I'm so so sorry for your frustration, but I hope you'll try our fabrics again someday.
Karen,
Vice Pres, Connecting Threads
I love CT fabric. I do have a request that I am sure other people would like as well. How about a whole line of neutrals? Neutrals are very hard to find - good quality ones at a good price that is.
I would also love to see a nice Christmas line. You KNOW we never have enough fabric!
Deb
Hi Debbie,
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. By now you've probably seen our new Snow Days with a holiday feel and Twilight Frost that has a wintery feel. Teri, our Fabric Director, has been considering a neutral collection - that's a great idea! Thanks!
I second this!! A more-or-less permanent variety of neutrals from white to pale tans, golds, and grays or even blues would be a wonderful addition to the excellent fabrics I find on your site. That way, we can be assured that our background fabrics will be of the same high quality as the accent fabrics and will coordinate with the lines of fabric colors available.
Just got my first order of fabric. the Kyoto Hugs & Kisses Quilt kit...The fabric is thick and soft but different than anything I've seen before, though I don't have much experience with quilting. It's yarn-dyed and then stamped in one color. Maybe other collections are different. I would like to see one of the multi-color prints.

My question is...do you recommend pre-washing all the fabric before use? just wondering if there's a consensus among CT fabric users.

Thanks so much,
Angela
Hi Angela and Cat Lady,
I haven't sewn with the Kyoto fabric yet, but I've handled it many times and didn't notice the print quality you describe. I'm at home right now and don't have any here, so I'll check it out it the morning. Normally I personally test wash every collection but for some reason I failed to do so with this one.

I'll take some home tomorrow and test wash all the fabric in this collection and let you know how it performs.

Karen

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service