Quilt With Us

I was just wondering where you purchase most of your fabric from for your quilts? Do you used all cotton? only quilt shop material? mixed ?whatever I can get my hands on? Online from CT?
I know this is a very contriversial topic not meant to say anyone is right or wrong for whatever they choose. I myself am disabled and have to get my fabric where I can. I make most of my quilts for small gifts, or missions in much less fortunate countries and they do not care if all my material comes from a quilt shop. I go to Salvation Army, thrift stores, garage sales, WalMart, and Joannes for my fabric. I used to go to Goodwill and Savers when I lived in Phoenix, AZ. I bought bed sheets for backing material. How do you get your material and what type of quilts do you like making most?

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Walmart, Joann's and online.
I love CT fabric. It is so soft and beautiful. I have also found an online fabric shop that I love. Everything is always on sale and really good fabrics. I do not know if I can mention the online store since it is not CT but I will if it is not supposed to be here just delete this reply. http://fabric.com/
Right now I am making this very colorful quilt for my 3 year old son. He wanted a quilt and all I could get out of him was a BLUE quilt so this one will work. I am using all batiks on it and it is so pretty. I can not wait to finish it. There is alot of sewing on it though. Good luck on finding good "cheap" fabric.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service