Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3726

Replies to This Discussion

These onions sound soooo good. I'm going to make it as soon as I get home - love french onion soup. Your tavern beef and bread will be on my "make soon" list too.
My favorite take to pot luck receipe:
Peanut Butter Things:
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn surup ( light color not light calorie)
2 cups or 18 oz jar of Peanut Butter
5 cups cereal -cornflakes is standard but I've tried Cherrios, wheaties, even popcorn.
Stir togeter sugar & surup over low heat until clear
Stir in peanut butter
remove from heat
stir in cereal
spoon onto wax paper.
Enjoy Caution very addictive!
Had the Beer bread last night, Sandy. Easy and mmmmmmmmmm good!!
Glad you liked it, Jackie. Which kind did you make?
The bare bones option without the add-ins. I thought I'd start out simple! The others will come later. Maybe next weekend when I make the Tavern beef roast.
The plain one will go best with Tavern beef as it has a lot of flavor itself and the plain bread is....plain! Next time you make chili, try the cheese/chile version...YUM!
The beer bread makes really great toast. I've had a piece for breakfast the last several mornings. My DD wanted the recipie so i forwarded it to her too. I did ask how she was getting the beer since she and roomies are all under 21 - lol - some things are better to just not know.
Strawberry-Lemon Swirl Pie

2 C fresh strawberries
3/4 C sugar
3 TBLS cornstarch
1/2 C water
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP butter or marg.
2 3-ounce pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 C light cream or milk
1 4 serving size instant lemon pudding mix
1 9-in graham cracker crust
Sliced strawberries

Mash 2 C strawberries. In small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and mashed strawberries. Cook and stir till mixture is thick and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Cover surface with clear plastic wrap. Cool, then chill.
In small mixer bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer till fluffy. Beat in cream till well blended. Add pudding mix and beat on low speed for 1 minute. Spoon half the pudding mix into prepared crust. Top with half strawberry mixture. Repeat layers. With spatula, gently swirl top two layers to marble. Cover; chill to store. Garnish with sliced strawberries. Makes 8 servings
This has gotten rave review from my friends and is so easy. Remember as a kid eating the cookie dough before it was baked? Since you freeze the cookie dough balls, they don't bake in the center of the cupcakes and stay a little gooey.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough + Cupcake = The BEST Cupcake. Ever.

Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes Ready In: 2 Hours 40 Minutes
Servings: 24

INGREDIENTS:

1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 (18.25 ounce) box Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs

Can of butter cream frosting or your favorite frosting recipe
DIRECTIONS:
1. Form cookie dough into tablespoon size balls, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours.
2. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer to break up. Add the cake mix, water, and canola oil; continue beating for 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon into the prepared cupcake liners, filling each 2/3 full. Place a frozen cookie dough ball on the top center of each cupcake and push down slightly.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion of the cupcake (not the cookie dough ball) comes clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Frost when cool.
Rhubarb/Blueberry/Strawberry Jam

5 cups diced rhubarb
3 cups sugar
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 - 6oz pkg strawberry jello (or raspberry if you prefer)

Slowly cook the rhubarb stirring so that it doesn't stick or burn for about 5 minutes (you will want it to reduce to a sauce).
Add the sugar, continue stirring and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the pie filling, continue stirring, and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add the jello, continue stirring and cook for 1-2 minutes.

You can either process as jam, sealing the jars or take the lazy way and freeze. I used the jars and freezer method.

Variation: 7 cups rhubarb and 4 cups sugar.

Enjoy!
Blueberry, Cranberry & White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup slivered almonds (optional)

In large bowl, beat together butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl, whick together flour, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture. Stir in white chocolate chips, blueberries, cranberries, and almonds.

Drop by rounded 1 tbsp about 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined backing sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Here's another good one:
Grandma Jello ( It was my grandmother's recipe)
1 4 serving size box cook type vanilla pudding
2 4 serving size boxes jello (0riginal recepie calls for orange)
3 cups mini marshmellows
3 cup water
1 to 1 1/2 cups cup canned or frozen fruit ( original recipie calls for diced peaches)
1/2 cup nuts ( original recipie calls for walnut pieces)
In a large sauce pan mix together jello & pudding mixes with water.
Stir together over low heat until comes to a boil.
Stir in marshmellows. Remove from heat when marshmellows are melted and mixed in.
Stir in fruit pour into a serving bowl.
Add nuts
Refrigerate. After it is set you can take this to pot luck dinners and it will not melt on the table.
The original recipie calls for orange jello, peaches and walnuts. I have tried several variations. I also like raspberry jello, frozen raspberries, and walnuts. Lime jello and diced pears is also good.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service