Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3733

Replies to This Discussion

Pumpkin Pie Cake
4 eggs (beaten)
1& 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. sale
1 tsp. ginger
1 (29oz.) can of pumpkin (I only had a 12oz. can & it worked great)
1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
Mix the above ingredients together. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
Sprinkle with the topping mix below. Bake @ 325 for 1&1/2 hours.
TOPPING: 1 Pkg. yellow cake mix (DRY)
1 & 1/2 choppend nuts (I used pecans)
2 sticks melted butter drizzled over cake mix on top

Enjoy!
Linda on this recipe what is sale? or should it be sage? My DIL is wondering about that.
OH My Gosh.... I'm so sorry...it's SALT.
Where in the world was my head????
I will make sure my DIL knows that we thought it might be sage. Could fit if you change one letter. Salt fits also. Thanks

Cheddar Bay Biscuits
2-½ C Bisquick balking mix, 4 T cold butter, 1 heaping cup grated (small grate) Cheddar cheese, ¾ C cold whole milk, ¼ tsp garlic powder

Brush on Top: 2 T butter, melted, ½ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp dried parsley flakes, pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Combine Bisquick with cold butter using pastry cutter or fork. Don’t mix too thoroughly - butter should be pea sized. Add Cheddar, milk and garlic powder. Mix until combined - don’t over mix.
Drop approximately ¼ C portions on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 15 - 17 minutes until lightly browned
Brush with melted mixture when they come out of the oven.
Makes 1 dozen

Shirley, thanks for the recipe! I had heard they were made from bisquik. I always have bisquik in the house. I will make these really soon. Yum, I just love them, my mouth is watering thinking about it.

~Hopppy quilting~

This is a dish my meat and potato loving hubby loves!

Southwest Chicken & Rice

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken brest diced

1 c instant rice (uncooked)

1 clove garlic minced

2 c chicken broth

1 c salsa

1/2 lg onion diced

1 lag red bell pepper diced

1 c corn (I use 1 can mexican style corn)

1 can black beans rinsed and drained

1 1/2t chili powder

1/2t black pepper

1 t salt

1/2 t cumin

2 c shredded cheese (monterey jack or queiso fresco are best)

in LARGE skillet over med heat, heat oil, add onion, garlic and chicken,stir until chicken starts to get white. Add chili powder, cumin, corn, diced peppers, salt and pepper. Stir in broth and salsa. Next add rice stir, put lid on and let simmer over low heat 15 min. Remove lid add beans, stir, Sprinkle cheese over top and let sit for 5 mins Snarf it down.

Yum.  I have a crock pot version of this too.  Leave the cheicken breasts whole.  Put those and everything except the rice and cheese in the crock pot and let it cook 6-8 hours.  Then shred the chicken and add it back to the pot.  It can be served over rice or you can mix with some cream cheese and use it as a dip or in tortillas.  It's even better the second day.

Chinese Chicken Salad

3 TBS Hoisin Sauce

2 TBS peanut butter

2 tsp brown sugar

3/4 tsp hot chili paste

1 tsp grate fresh ginger

(I use the ground ginger in a jar-Spice World brand

3 TBS rice vinegar

1 TBS toasted sesame oil

1 pound skinless boneless chicken

(I use John Soules Foods Chicken Fajitas from

Walmart or Sams

1/2 package All Natural Honey Roasted Almonds

1 package brocolli slaw

1 bund green onions chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or amount to your liking

Prepare dressing-Whisk together the hoisin, peanut butter, brown sugar, chili paste,

ginger, vinear and sesame oil.  I put it in a glass jar with lid and shake until blended.

In a bowl, combine chicken, broccoli slaw, green onions and cilantro.  Toss with dressing and

sprinkle with almonds,  Serve

**Notes-I buy the ginger, hoisin, sesame oil, chili paste, vinegar and jarred ginger at the Health Market

at HyVee or sometimes in the oriental section of the store.  The peanut butter may sound strange, but

it's in a lot of Thia food and you really can't taste the peanut flavor.

Yum! This sounds great! I'm going to get ingredients this week and try it! Thanks, Melzee!

Coffee Cake

2 white Jiffy cake mixes or 1 regular size
2 packages instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water

Beat for 10 minutes. Put in greased 9x13 pan.

In small bowl combine:
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup nuts
1 teaspoon cocoa
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Sprinkle over batter and slightly marbleize.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Monkey Bread

1/2 C. butter

2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with icing (12.4 oz cans)

1 (3.4 oz) pkg butterscotch or vanilla pudding and pie filling (NOT instant)

1/2 C. packed brown sugar

1/4 C. semisweet chocolate chips (I use a little more!!!  Cause I likes me chocolate)

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, generously butter 12 C. Bundt pan.  Place remaining butter in small microwave safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted when stirred.

Seperate dough into 16 rolls.  Cut each roll in half crosswise.  Place half of roll pieces in buttered pan.  Sprinkle with half of the pudding mix and half of the brown sugar.  Drizzle with half of the melted butter.  Repeat layering with remaining roll pieces, pudding, brown sugar and melted butter.  Sprinkle with choclate chips.

Bake at 375 degrees for 24-28 minutes or until rolls are deep golden brown and dough appears done when slightly pulled apart.  Cool in pan for 2 minutes.  Invert onto serving platter.  Cool 15 minutes.

Microwave icing on hight for 10 seconds to soften.  Drizzle icing over ring.  Cut into wedges to serve.

16 servings

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service