Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3776

Replies to This Discussion

Roasted Tomato Salsa:  Sorry, but there are no exact amounts for this so you just use what you have and what you like.  If you're a garlic fiend, add more.  If not, omit it or just use a bit.  Same with peppers, hot or sweet.

Take garden ripe tomatoes and cut them in half.  Place on a cookie sheet, cut side up.  Do the same with white or yellow onions, cut them in quarters if they are really large (peel first LOL).  Use green bell peppers for a mild salad or jalapenos (or other hot peppers) for hot salsa.  Cut these in half, take out seeds and lay them on the cookie sheet cut side up too.  If using green bell peppers that are huge, cut into quarters.  Add as much garlic as you want, a whole head is good but cut the top off the head and set it upright on the sheet.  Leave the skin on until later.  Drizzle all these veggies with some good olive oil and put into a pre-heated 300 degree oven for a couple of hours until the tomatoes are starting to collapse and begin to caramelize.  Same with the onions, they get golden around the edges.  Take them out of the oven and be sure to save any juice that is on the pan.  Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skins and put it, along with all the other veggies into a blender.  Blend until it's the consistance you like, either really smooth or a bit lumpy.  Pour into a bowl.  Add fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro, sea salt or kosher salt and stir it up. Taste for seasonings; you might want to add some black pepper.  It is wonderful but won't keep too long unless you do can it in a waterbath just as you would tomatoes.  Be sure it's acid enough not to spoil so you can use more lime juice.

Thanks Sandy....looks Yummy. I'll have to try it since I have the Salsa Garden! LOL
I forgot to mention that those juices you saved in the baking pan go into the blender too; good flavor in there.

made a batch of this ,this AM-yummo

Frito Corn Salad

2 cans corn, drained

1 Cup shredded cheese

1/2 cup Mayo

1 Cup green onion

9 3/4 oz. bag of chili-flavored Frito chips

Mix the above ingredients.  Fast & Easy & Good!

Please remember not to serve this very often; it's sooo rich people will get fat, blow up and croak right at your dining room table! 

Ultimate Baked Potato Soup

4 large baking potatoes

8 slices good bacon

1 cup chopped yellow onions

6-8 green onions, sliced (both white and green parts)

2 tablespoons real butter

2/3 cup flour

1 quart whole milk

½ pint heavy cream OR half and half (optional; it will make the soup extra rich and elegant)

1 cup regular sour cream

5 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese

8 cups chicken stock

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Scrub the potatoes well but don’t peel them. Cut them in half lengthwise, rub some olive oil on the cut side of each one and sprinkle with a small amount of garlic salt. Bake until tender, about 35 minutes. Cool them and cut into cubes.  While the potatoes are baking you can fry the bacon until it is nice and crisp, then crumble it.  Save about 2 tablespoons of the drippings.  Put the drippings into a heavy soup pot with the butter and heat. Sauté the yellow onion and the WHITE part of the green onions.  Save the green part for adding later.  Cook the onions until they are transparent but don’t let them brown.   Add the flour to the onion/butter mixture and stir well to make a roux.  Let this cook a few seconds but don’t burn it.  You just want the raw taste of the flour to disappear. Then begin to stir in the milk, slowly, making a nice cream sauce.  Whisk well so you don’t get lumps.  Add the cream or half and half if you are using it.

After this is all smooth, add the chicken broth, again stirring well and adding slowly so it won’t lump.  NOTE:  If you are using canned broth, use the low-salt type so you can adjust seasonings later.  Don’t use any type of bouillon cubes to make the broth unless you are using salt-free brands.  The regular cubes are almost pure salt.  Homemade broth is good too.

Let the soup cook and thicken, stirring frequently so it won’t stick.  If it doesn’t thicken as much as you like, add more whole milk mixed with flour, as you would for gravy, until it is as thick as you like it.  Stir in the Cheddar cheese slowly until it is all melted.  Then add the bacon and cubed baked potatoes.  Mix well.  Add the sour cream and the green parts of the onions.  Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.

Raisins in Gin: good for what ails 'ya

Take 63 GOLDEN raisins and put them into a small plastic dish with a tight-fitting lid.  Pour in the cheapest gin you can find (it has something in it that makes this recipe work better; expensive gin is too smooth) just to cover the raisins.  Stir and cover. Let them sit at room temperature for 7 days.  On the eighth day and every days for a week, eat exactly 9 raisins.  They taste terrible. When they are gone, throw away the juice.  When you start to eat your first 9 raisins, begin another dish of 63.  That dish will sit for 7 days while you're eating from the first batch and will be ready for you on the 8th day.  Every time you begin to eat from a fresh batch, make another one to start soaking.  This was given to me long ago and lots of people know about it.  The woman who told me said it helped her aches and pains so much she is never without her raisins, even making them ahead and taking them on trips.  I guess it doesn't matter if they soak longer but 7 days is the minimum.

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies...YUM!

This recipe won't make sense but just try it and see how good and how easy they are.

One cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky.  You might want to check to make sure the brand of PB you buy is just peanuts, oil and salt.  Some of the less expensive brands have fillers in them that might contain gluten.

One large egg

One cup sugar (I would think brown sugar would be delicious but I haven't tried it that way yet. So, just plain white sugar)

Mix it all well.  Make into balls, put on ungreased cookie sheet and press down with a fork, just like traditional peanut butter cookies, Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 minutes.  That's it!

Sandy, I am curious about your pB cookies.  They don't have any flour- just the three ingredients?  Sounds too easy.
Yep..they don't make sense, as I said in the recipe, but they DO work and taste great.  Flourless cakes and cookies have been around for ages.  There is a chocolate cake a friend of mine makes that tastes just like a slice of fudge only different...like THAT makes sense LOL!

Pepperoncini Beef

One lean beef roast, about 3 pounds

Four cloves fresh garlic, cut into quarters

One jar (about 14 oz.) whole pepperoncini with juice

Spray the inside of the crock-pot for easy cleaning. Brown the roast on both sides and place into crock-pot. Add garlic and the entire jar of pepperoncini WITH all the juice.  That's it!  Cover and put on HIGH for the first hour or so, then drop to LOW for 4 hours.  OR...start on LOW if you're going to be away and give it 6-7 hours to cook.  Shred the beef and serve on hard crusty rolls with some of the peppers on top of the beef.  YUM!  Goes well with cole slaw.

Sandy, this sounds really good! I'll be trying this one soon!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service