Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3777

Replies to This Discussion

It wasn't me Sandy so no nagging  (this time) - lol   I think it was Diane.

Yeah, that's the forgotten name....Diane!  Thanks for the memory jog, Peg.  Okay, Diane....nag, nag, nag!

I just tried this recipie from our local paper.  It was delicious!

Savannah Red Rice

4 strips bacon

2 medium onions, chopped

2 medium green bell peppers, chopped

2 cups cooked rice    (I used Arborio rice – would recommend it)

1 - 14 ½ oz can stewed tomatoes

1 cup tomato sauce

Pre-cooked kielbasa or chorizo sausage, sliced into ¼ in thick disks  (andoullie would be great too, could also add shrimp)

Salt and pepper to taste

Tobasco sauce to taste

2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 325.  Grease 2 quart casserole dish.  In large skillet fry bacon till crisp.  Drain on paper towel reserving grease in skillet.  Crumble when cool.  

Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook till slightly brown, about 10 minutes.  Add rice, tomato sauce and stewed tomatoes.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and tobacco to taste and stir 5 minutes longer.  Add bacon and sausage.

Scrape mixture into casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.  Bake 30 minutes.

Mmmmmm, sounds yummy!

perfect pulled pork

bone-in pork butt (works for any size)

1 1/2 t smoked paprika

2 t black peper

1 t cayenne

1 t dried thyme

1t garlic powder

1/2 t salt

mix all dry ing. and rub over butt ( I triple this so I have a bigger amount to give it a good dose)

place in smoker

mine is electric I set it at 275 for 5 hours--in the water pan I used a mixture of all the flat sodas in 2-liter bottles left-over from family get togethers  so that is subjective

what flavor of wood chips do you use, Diane?  DH got an electric smoker for Christmas and has been having fun with it.  Smoked some salmon that was real tasty.

I just used hickory this time-sometimes I use cherry or apple if I've been trimming trees

Thanks, Diane...My mama told me nagging would work.  Of course, people will hate you but it works LOL!!  Seriously, the recipe sounds delicious and I'll try it for sure.  I have a gas-fired smoker at home (wish I had opted for the electric one; more accurate temp. controls) and I've done lots of good stuff but never a pork butt.  Those little piggies are so good for giving up their butts for us to enjoy ;^)   Yes, I know it isn't really the butt (that's ham) but it sounds special LOL!

Just remember I used up old flat sodas for the liquid so that could change the flavor depending on what you use!

Now that could be a consideration.  We don't drink much soda and what we do drink is usually in cans so it can be finished in one drinking.  What would happen if I used bubbly soda...or I could open a can or two and let them go flat.  Is the lack of carbonation a factor or just the soda flavor?

Bubbles don't matter, you can also use beer, wine or juice-i just used what I had so I could empty the bottles and get rid of them!

SLUTTY BROWNIES                                      FROM PINTEREST

For the Brownie Layer:                                           For Oreo Layer:  1 pkg Oreros (regular or double stuff)

10 tbsp. unsalted butter                          

1-1/4 cups white sugar        

3/4 cups cocoa powder

1/2 tsp sale

2 tsp vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1/2 cup all purpose flour

For Cookie Dough layer:

1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)                1/2 cup brown sugar

1=1/2 cups white sugar                                    2 eggs

2-1/2 tsp vanilla extract                                   2-1/2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp salt                                                          1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder                                         2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:

1.  For the Brownie Layer:  In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.  Add the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is melted.  Whisk to combine and remove from heat.  Add the salt, vanilla and eggs, and continuously whisk until the eggs are combined.  Add the flour and continue to mix.  Set batter aside.

2.  For the Cookie Dough Layer:  Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer.  Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl.  Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder,and mix on low until everythings is incorporated.  Fold in the chocolate chips.  Set dough aside.

3.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

4.  Assembly:  Line the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking pan with foil and then spray the foil with a layer of baking spray.  Layer 1/2 of the cookie dough on the bottom of the baking pan, pressing down to form the bottom of the slutty brownies.  Reserve the remaining cookie dough to be used to make cookies later in the day. 

Layer as many Oreos that will fit on top of the cookie dough.  No need to overlap.  One single layer will do.

Pour the brownie batter on top of the oreo layer and make sure it evenly covers the top.  Bake for 30-35 min.  Test with a knife to see if the center is done.  If the knife comes out clean, let the brownies rest before serving.  If the knife comes out with batter still on it, allow the brownies to bake about 5 min more. 

Serve with ice cream while still warm. 

I overcooked these the first time I made them.  Next time I'll either only cook an additional 5 minutes or put in a 9 x 13 pan.  Not sure there is enough of the brownie mixture to cover the 9 x 13 area.  The overcooked edges were rather dry.  Give it a try and see if you have better luck!!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service