Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3777

Replies to This Discussion

SALTED CARAMEL - CHOCOLATE - PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box

1 (14-oz) bag of caramels, unwrapped                              1/4 cup milk

1-3/4 cups Spanish peanuts, divided use                          1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1 egg, beaten                                                                    1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy

8-oz. miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped, chopped  (Reeses)

1 (1.55 oz) bar milk chocolate, melted                              1/4 tsp. koshe salt

Heat oven to 450 degrees.

Bake pie crust in a 10-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for a single-crust pie.  Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.

In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and milk, uncovered on 100% power 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stir until smooth.  Reserve 2 tablespoons melted caramel mix.  Stir 1-1/2 cups of the peanuts into remaining caramel mix.  Pour mixture into baked pie crust.

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

In large bowl, stir condensed milk, egg and peanut butter until smooth.  Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.  Pour in crust over caramel mixture.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.  Cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour.  Drizzle melted candy bar and reserved caramet over top of pie.  Springle with the remaining 1/4 cup peanuts.  Sprinkle kosher salt evenly over pie.  Serve.  Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.  Makes 8 servings.

I cut the pie in 12 equal pieces and that was plenty for each person.  It is very rich and filling, but yummy.  You can freeze any leftovers.  This tastes and looks like a Snicker bar!!!

Jan-there are no calories in either of these recipes right?

Right Diane.  They all disappear when you put them in the oven.  Which is great cause both have a lot before baking!!!  Enjoy!!

Bailey’s Bundt Cake

Ingredients:

Cake-

1-    18.25 oz package devil’s food cake mix

1-3.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix

1c. Bailey’s Irish Cream

1tsp. ground cinnamon

½ c. vegetable oil

4 eggs

1c. sour cream

1-12oz package white chocolate chips

Topping-

1 tsp butter

1 ½ cup powdered sugar

2 tbsp milk

2 tbsp Bailey’s Irish Cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°

Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt cake pan.

In large bowl, stir together cake mix, pudding and cinnamon.  In a separate bowl mix Bailey’s, oil, eggs and sour cream.  Beat on low speed until blended, then combine with the dry mix and beat on medium speed until blended.  Stir in white chocolate chips by hand.  Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.  Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool on rack.  Invert onto a plate.

Melt butter and whisk in remaining topping ingredients.  Drizzle topping over the top of cake.

GF changes-Use Betty Crocker 15 oz devils food cake mix.  Cut oil to ¼ cup and add 1 tbsp baking powder.

Hi Melzee...what is GF? Couldn't be gluten-free since I assume Betty Crocker cake mixes have wheat flour in them.

Betty does make GF (gluten free) mixes.  There's a devils food, a yellow cake, a brownie and choc chip cookie mixes.  And they are the best, in my opinion that are out there.  You probably haven't seen them on the shelves since they are usually in the health food sections of the grocery store.  You'd have sticker shock if you saw the.  Kind of expensive!

By the way, DH was in a mood the other night and asked why I couldn't just make plain chocolate cake, so I took the rest of the cake to work yesterday after giving half of the cake to the neighbors.  It got rave reviews from everyone (except DH!!  LOL)  Guess he won't do that again.  :0)

Men!

Okay, Melzee.  Learn something every day!  I've seen "health food" brands of GF cake mix in my local supermarket but not Betty C.  Our store is getting quite a selection of GF foods upon request of people in town who need them.  The cake mix I saw was $4.10 a package!!!  I couldn't believe it but, once again, as with salt-free or low-carb foods, the manufacturers are seeing dollar signs!  I could never figure why it costs more to leave OUT an ingredient (i.e. salt) LOL!!

I know what you're saying Sandy about the price of GF food.  Very expensive.  A bag of GF pretzels is $8!!  Only saving grace is that we can deduct the difference between regular food and GF food on our taxes.  Of course you have to keep track of all that during the year and then figure out what the price difference is, but it does add up.  Last year there was an $800 difference that we got as medical expense.  Guess every little bit helps, right?

mmmmmmmmmmmm : )

Definitely going to have to try this one! Might be a good one for Easter!

Quinoa Jambalaya with Shrimp

Ingredients

• 4 1/2 cups lower-sodium chicken broth, divided
  • 2 cups quinoa (12 ounces)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cup spicy V-8 juice
  • 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 cup grape tomato halves
  • Prep Time - 10
  • Cook Time - 35

Instructions

1. Combine 4 cups chicken broth and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook 15 minutes.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet and add kielbasa, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add remaining broth and V-8 juice; bring to simmer. Add shrimp and simmer 5 minutes or until done. Add peas, tomatoes and cooked quinoa and toss.

Nutritional Info (per serving)

• Calories 240     Fat 9g                     Saturated Fat 2.5g               Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 4g                                Cholesterol 90mg                               Sodium 740mg
  • Potassium 520mg                           Carbohydrates 21g             Fiber 4g
  • Sugars 4g                                          Protein 18g

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service