Quilt With Us

Hello my sister and I are planning a March trip to Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, NH and the King Arthur Flour Education Center for a class. Anyone ever been there and could you share suggestions for things to do/places to stay/eat in the area?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Charlotte - there is a motel almost right across the street!! Very reasonable. I think it is called the "Center Harbor Inn" There are several restaurants in the area as well. As for things to see, Keepsake is the only real attraction in the area. There are other shops, art gallerys, etc. but plan on several hours to tour the shop - it is huge and there is a lot to look at! You will love it!!
Hey Barb thank you - I was starting to think there were no New Englander's out there! Unfortunately, we can't stay at the Center Harbor Inn because we will be there on a Saturday and it's a 2 night minimum stay on the weekends. So we are staying at the Inn at Mill Falls. Pricey but hopefully worth it - better than losing more of it in the 401k :) Can't wait! Thanks again for the advice.
There are a few!! Not that many though! I usually try to get to the shop at least once a year - it's a 2 1/2 hour drive from my home here in Central Maine. I did not know there was a 2 night minimum on rooms at the Inn - I've been there for the annual "Tent Sale" with some gals and we stayed just 1 night - I thought it was Friday but it must have been a Thursday night. I'll keep that in mind if I ever do decide to go over on a Saturday and stay. Our local quilting group rented a bus for a mystery tour last October and that's where we ended up - first visit for more than half of the group!! You girls have fun and bring lots of $$$$!! I have never seen so much fabric under one roof! It is truly mind boggling!!
Hello Charlotte: I just got a news flash about a new shop opening in Tilton. It was "Nana Sue's" in Somersworth but they are moving to Tilton and opening a "Tilton's Coffee & Tea House, a short arm cafe" -they will still have fabrics, etc. but also serve food and drinks! I don't know which way you are traveling - Tilton is near Lebanon, north of Concord, south of Center Harbor. You can find more info at www.nanasuequilts.com - hope you get a chance to stop by and check it out!
I'll check that out - I'll be flying into Manchester and meeting up with my sister who lives in Hull, MA. Thanks!
You must think I'm a total idiot!! I meant to say Laconia, not Lebanon!! Anyway, you will need to drive North on I-93 from Manchester so you will pass right by Tilton before you get to Center Harbor - actualy it looks like there is an interchange at either Franklin or Tilton - Tilton is a tad west off I-93. You will need to get off there anyway to wind your way to Keepsake. Have a great trip!
I have been to Keepsake, my suggestion, take a lot of money! :-) I think I spent over $600 when I was there.
Uh oh!!!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service