Quilt With Us

A New year brings new beginnings....this is a first for me. This blogging sounds fun. One of my new year's resolutions is definetly to quilt more. Piecing is my favorite part of the process although I am a longarm quilter when I find the time.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Peicing is one of the things I want to learn in the coming year. I just don't understand it. Maybe you could help me to understand it.
Mary, are you looking to handpiece or sew by machine?

If handpiecing, I cannot recommend Jinny Beyer's CD enough. Her book, Quiltmaking by Hand, is excellent too, but I'm very visual. Seeing the technique in the book actually performed on the CD was invaluable to me. Both are available from her website.

I also highly recommend Better Homes and Gardens' "Complete Guide to Quilting". These two books have gotten me well on my way, and my sewing skills were very basic at best.
I am looking to peice by machine. I think Ineed to take a day and work on nothing else and then maybe I cold learn it.
Hi Mary~

In this case, I still very much suggest the Better Homes and Gardens book, as well as the "Quilter's Complete Guide" by Fons & Porter. There are a few DVDs out there to help get you on your way as well.

Ideally, a beginning class at your local quilt shop would be your best bet, but not everyone has a shop conveniently close by.

Jump in and have fun! It is much easier than learning to sew clothes. :-)

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service