Quilt With Us

I have found what I think is a neat way to store my UFO's. It is white card board boxes in the scrapbooking section at Walmart for I think $5. They have a place on the front of the box that you can put a label in so you will know what project is in what box. They are sturdy and can be stacked on a shelf. I just love em. Finally I have some organization in my sewing room. Happy quilting!

Views: 36

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I found my storage solution in Walmart too. I use the Sterilite Show-Offs see-thru boxes. They are plastic boxes that I suppose are really for hanging files. They have a snap-on lid with a handle. They are about half the size of the crates that do not have lids.

I print out a page that tells the name of the project, a scan of the book cover or some pictorial, and the date. I prop that inside the box with all the fabric and directions. The boxes can be stacked since they have lids. I think at one point I paid $3.47 per box at Walmart. JoAnn's sells the same thing.

I refuse to tell how many of these see-thrus I have! :-)

Kay Ahr in NV
I am not going to store mine anymore. I just have them laying around my sewing room. Well...this week I decided after counting some of them that I will start completing them. I completed 3 tops and sewed a border on one other top. So I am on my way. Oh, how I wanted to make more blocks today but I refused to let myself because these quilts need to be completed and given to charity so someone gets to use them. They do noone any good laying around unfinished. I am climbing down off my soapbox now!!LOL
I use the giant ziplock type bags. They don't stay there long, but it keeps me organized. As I finish parts off or wait for my batting to arrive or something, I can just fold them and put them in the bag which lays flat on a shelf. Keeps the dust and dog hair off and if I ship the quilt for quilting, it goes with a water proof wrapper!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service