Quilt With Us

I am considering buying a new machine to use for retreats, classes, etc. I am looking at the Singer 7463 Confidence Creative. Does anyone have this machine? How do you like it?

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not familar with that Singer. I have a Janome #2040. I did a search and found it. I would not take double the price to get rid of it. It is computerized and light enough to carry.
Hi Kit, I am not familiar with the Singer machine you mentioned, however, I have a Janome Jem Gold and absolutely love it!!! It only weighs 12 lbs and is light and easy to carry. I take it to all the classes and retreats I go to. I am also in 2 sewing groups and take it to both of them. I wouldn't trade it for anything! I also have a larger Janome that I use at home. The nice thing is that the machines are intergchangable. I can use the same feet, accessories, etc. on both machines. Their website is www.janome.com. They have lots of choices. Good Luck!!!! Vicki
I have had a singer 7463 for a couple years now....I LOVE IT. I have just recently had problems with the feed-dog mechanism going out but it is not expensive to replace so I did that so I could keep on sewing...the stiches are great and easy to use and even my husband likes to sew on it..I like the fact that I can adjust the amount of thread I load onto a bobbin, I use less thread for smaller projects or some top stitching.
I do a lot of sewing of clothing as well and find it great for all around sewing!
I patch jeans on it with no hessitations on thick layers of fabric
I have a Janome Jem as well and it is a great little machine..not too small and not too big...just right and it works like a charm.
For my second machine to take to classes, I purchased a Brother XR7700 from Costco -- it is a complete quilter and comes with many stitches, 10 feet, including a walking foot, and it has a top loading bobbin, which I prefer. I researched the machine on Brother and couldn't find it -- it's equivalent is the CI6000 on the Brother site. It also comes with the quilting insert table. It weighs 11 pounds. I tried out several before deciding on this one. Comfort with the machine is the key. Good Luck in your shopping.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service