Quilt With Us

Hello Mysterious Quilters!  Please sign up again and when we all have enough time to decide whether to participate, I'll start the clues.  Let's figure on the first one being Sunday, Feb. 16th., a week from today.

I'll post the fabric requirements first, in a day or two.  This one has only TWO main fabrics and a teeny bit of a third accent fabric.

Thanks...this is a pretty one!

Views: 553

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sandy.  That’s what I was assuming after cutting out the rest.  

Yes, I found that I had an extra strip EACH of the feature fabric for the 9 1/2, 6 1/2, and 3 1/2 cuts.  That's almost 20 inches of fabric.  The 3 1/2" x 9 1/2" rectangles can be cut from the remainder of the 3rd strip of 9 1/2 x 9 1/2" squares. My fabric was about 43", but I suppose the pattern is allowing for fabric that might be a little smaller in width.  I also had an extra 9 1/2" and 3 1/2" strip of chain fabric.

I'll give it a go!

Thanks for the heads up, Jackie.  Sometimes I don't understand how/why pattern designers figure their fabric requirements.  It was one of the things that eventually turned me off Lynette Jensen's Thimbleberries patterns; you bought way more fabric than you needed.

OK ladies, opinions please.  I have lots of fabric but little in the way of "yardage".  So I've got not much to choose from for my feature fabric without buying MORE fabric.  However I do have an entire bolt of this semi-ugly Easter bunny fabric.  Hubby found it at a yard sale he went to - whole bolt for $2.  Can I make it work?  Maybe with dark pink or the gold and white ? Well pic won't upload so I'll post in on our FB page.

OK, got the picture to work.  Found this orangish gold that matches the bunnies' tummies for my link and I'll use white for the chain.  It is a strange combination and I still don't love the bunnies, but we'll see how this comes out.  It can hang on my quilt stand some Easter and look festive!!!! 

That will look fine, Carol.  Very cheerful and, yes, a great Easter season throw for the couch.

Good Morning!!  Are you ready for the first clue?  Here is the clue I received from Sandy with my pictures of fabric choices and the first clue.

Gather the 48 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangles cut from the Chain fabric AND the 24  3 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangles cut from the Feature fabric. Sew one of the Chain rectangles to each long side of the Feature rectangle, making 24 sets.  Press seams toward the outside rectangles.
Here are my fabric choices...I decided to go with my school colors for a possible future donation.
And here is Clue #1
Let the fun begin!!!  

That is going to be a great quilt in those school colors.  The "camo" fabric is fun!

I'm going to hop on board.  I'm a little late, but I'm in!

Great....it's quite an attractive quilt!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service