Quilt With Us

Please post your photos of any Part 3 units, finished tops, and quilted quilts here in this Discussion Forum area only.

Do not post any photos that reveal the final design on the Comment Wall. We want to keep the solution to the mystery a secret for those who have not finished or may join in the future.

You may add add photos by clicking on the icon to the right of LINK above.

Views: 11831

Replies to This Discussion

I found the missing pieces under parts of one of the other quilts I am working on.  I have no idea where the extra 8 red triangles came from - must be I can't count either.  They would have replaced the tips of the beige triangles on the top and bottom of the center panel.  Would have been different!!  The center is done waiting for the narrow green border.  Will soon be done!!!

I absolutely love this pattern!  I need to recut some of my 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 blocks for in-between the flying geese blocks on the top and bottom borders.  I used directional fabric and since I have plenty, I'm gonna recut.  I also recut the center piece to make it more of a focal medallion. It is an eagle and will go with the fabric I need to recut.  Anyway this is what I have so far.

Really nice, really nice!!!!

Diane, splendidly done. Your fabric choices are perfect for the pattern.

Isn't that beautiful! This might be my next quilt for my Army medic son!

Fantastic!!

Very nice.  The blue really  pops.

Diane, that is absolutely beautiful! 

Top is done! I increased the outer border to 6.5" just because I love that fabric.  Not the best picture, but design wall has a work in progress that I was not about to disturb.  Been thinking all day on a quilt design and have not come to any conclusions.  It is going on the frame in the morning, so I will be forced to decide.

Attachments:
Paula, it's perfect on your brass bed. I agree with the outer border. I increased mine as well to 6".Anxious to see how you quilt it. Haven't given it much thought yet except will most likely try some type of feather in the large (red on mine) triangles of the center medallion.

I always like feathers.  I have a lovely dogwood flower pattern in the computer I have used on a client's quilt that I have fallen in love with and am anxious to use on a floral quilt of my own not quite ready for the frame.  Think I might do more of a custom quilting and try some motifs I haven't tried but think I will like.  Do you freehand or use a computer program or combination when you are quilting, Cindy?

My machine is not computerized at all. Bare bones, basic hand guided. Can do pantopgraphs, but never have. I do have grooved design boards with a stylus that follows inside the pattern that I've used for circular feathered patterns. The rest is all free hand. I do mostly all over designs. Hopefully when my sewing area is completed I will be able to get more practice in and have full access around my frame. Right now I am limited to the front only, thus it limits what designs I can do.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service