Quilt With Us

Cindy and I have decided on a topic.

DOWN BY THE SEA.

Post card size. thread Painting . On Fabic or painted background or all over thread painting,

Finish Date September 1st.

This giving time for those that go on holiday or are busy in the summer months or those having other commitments, a longer closing date.

Paired partners.

BARB BLACKWELL sent her PC to BRENDA
BRENDA CRISCI ". ". PC to ALLY
CINDY ". ". PC to GWEN
LINDA HARRIET. ". ". PC to. TERRI
TERRI DRAKE. ". ". PC to CINDY
ALLY BRYANT. ". ". PC to. SANDRA
SANDRA ". ". PC to. LINDA
GWEN GWINNER. ". ". PC to BARB B

I would be grateful if you could contact by PM your partner for their mailing address. Also when you have finished your PC could you email me your photo of PC so I can try and do a slide show at the end.
AlsoPLEASE don't panick if life gets in the way of finish date but please let me know.

Views: 1077

Replies to This Discussion

Ally's swap went to Sandra.
Attachments:
Well here are the swaps gals, today is the September 1st didn't we do well!!LOL.
Absolutely incredible ladies. Well done everyone.

Well done everyone!!! Love all of them.  Thanks for the inspiratiion and organisation of this swap Ally.  You are a star.  

HI...love all of them!  Hope everyone had fun.

They are all incredible. Ladies, you out did yourself this time around.

Love them all, thanks again Ally and Cindy for getting me out of a rut.

Glad everyone enjoyed taking part. Now if you play at more thread painting maybe you can share on here. Cindy maybe you could let us know how you did yours technique on the post card you did, I would like to have a go at that.
Thought I would show you one of the wee brooches I have been making. It has thread painted little scene on it. Doing some of these for the Christmas in Paris show in Nov.
Attachments:

Very cute Ally.  Love the button! 

Wow, everyone did a fab job on the Postcards.  Love them all.   A big thank you to Ally and Cindy for hostessing it.  ;o)

Sorry it's taken me a bit to answer Ally. The technique is one where I use snippets and scrappy trimmings fused to a background. For my postcards I use a very stiff one sided fusible. Batiks work best as you don't have to worry about wrong vs right side of your fabrics. After they're arranged, I cover with my heat safe pressing cover and fuse to the base. Then I put a layer of fine netting over it, basting it around the outside then begin my thread painting. Very simple and fun to do. If you have any questions, just ask.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service