Quilt With Us

This is the place to sign up for the NDTS block exchange.

The blocks will be due at the next quilt retreat in Story City in August 2019. If not attending the retreat please get them in the mail to me by then. I will distribute them then, mailing back to those not attending.

You are to make one block for each person on the list (include one for yourself). They are to be 12" blocks, they do not have to be all the same but it makes it easier to sort if they are. They are to be of fabrics that are no darker then sand in color--if you see a lot of red or purple sand where you live tell us we might all want to come visit!

Deadline for signing up is May 1st! Blocks due 1st weekend of August

sign up here, tell others that are not very active on our list, this might be what gets them involved! I know there are some that come to the retreat that don't follow our IQ group.

That's it, not hard!

Views: 312

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Ok!

Sign me up for this NDTS block exchange. Are you talking 12" finished ?  How many are we up to?

Yes 12" finished the number will depend on how many have signed up by the deadline.

I think I picked my block out today. I need to make a test block and pick out my fabrics, maybe more stash busting?  But shopping for new for friends would be fun!

Ok May 1st is here! 

We can get started, remember it's a 12" block (12 1/2" unfinished) pattern of your choice, Lets say they should all be the same pattern but you can use different fabrics in each if you want. That way you can use your stash. Make One for everyone including yourself.

We will have the exchange the weekend of the quilt retreat. Give me all of your blocks including the one you have made for yourself. I will distribute them there. If you are NOT coming to the retreat, send them to me and I will get them sent back to you.

Tressa 

Janice

Sandy

Jackie O

Marcia

Lynne

Diane

Marybeth

Nancy

Joyce

Linda

Karen

Thanks, Diane....a "restful" quilt LOL!!  Even scrappy on this one would be okay because all the scrapes would be neutrals...what a deal!

I'm off and running with some new  and somme stash fabrics. It'll be fun to see the others. 

Im on and running with my blocks, some new fabric and some stash. It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with. 

Thanks for organizing this swap, Diane!  Can't wait to see all the blocks we'll be receiving from this swap!  :)

Time to go shopping now that I know how many to make.  All the sand in my stash seems to be the same value so I need to go find some with a little more contrast.  And I just happen to know a quilt shop with a sale!

wasn't that lucky!

Oh, oh....my "restful" block put me to sleep making it!  It's blah!  I love neutrals but not so sure about these since I really took the "no darker than sand" seriously.  I do have one in there that looks a bit like wet sand!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service