Quilt With Us

Is there a pattern, project or kit you'd like to see? Post about it here!

Views: 534

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Karen! Please pass on to the quilters my appreciation of their beautiful designs!
Hi Jeanne,

The name of the pattern the long arm quilter used for Picadilly Meadow is called August Rain B2B by Anne Bright.
Thank you Judy! I have always loved Anne Bright, I first learned to do freehand with her books. I'll look for that pattern.
Hi,
I'm looking for a wholecloth applique preprint dogwood blossom with quilting designs, anyone could give me information where to buy it. Thank you for all information.
Anh
Would love to have a pattern for making "Gift Boxes".....I am stumped on just how to start! I do not have a fancy embroidery machine but I do have about 750 programmable stitches and some fonts for letters and numbers. I'm always wondering what is the best stitch to use for applique? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hi

I'm looking for a pattern for a black and white quilt anyone have a good patter?
I did a log cabin in blacks and whites, looks great with the red centers.
I would love to see your version (the one in your catalogue) of "Flower Welcome". I bought the pattern, but loved the colors you used in the catalogue. I thought I kept the catalogue, but can't find it anywhere. Can you help me?
I would love to see some Apron kits, I think a mother daughter set would be really cute.
I agree with this idea, always looking for something to do with my grand daughter. Cute idea.
One of my first quilts was the Simplicity rag quilt (56" x 64") from the book Sew Easy Rag Quilts! It is designed for fat quarters! I used coordinating cotton and flannel FQs I bought from Connecting Threads (before it had it's own line), just had to add yardage for the borders. No batting required! And, there's a neat "pocket" pillow case that goes with the quilt. I would love to see CT kit a rag quilt with a similar pattern, and with both the cotton & flannel FQ and the borders yardage.

It would also be super neat (IMHO) for CT to have a fabric line in cotton AND in flannel. I've bought several FQ bundles of the same line in both cotton and flannel for the sole purpose of making more of a similar rag quilt & matching pocket pillow case! Moda used to have a number of these, but it is becoming more and more difficult to find them.

Pattern: One of the techniques I used in cutting out the cotton/flannel pieces was to layer the FQs of each wrong sides together and then do my cutting. I also have a penchant for oblong shaped quilts and wanted my next one to be bigger, so I have created my own patterns for a similar rag quilt and a matching pocket pillow case. The bigger size makes it more "man" friendly and this is a great (and easy) quilt to make for a guy - just have to find "man friendly" coordinating cottons & flannels.....
Hi SuzyQ
I love flannel and raggy quilts too. They are so cuddly! We keep looking for a good source to develop another flannel collection, but so far haven't been satisfied with the quality. Our current fabric mill, that we love, doesn't do flannel, so we'll keep looking.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service