Quilt With Us

We will be taking a 3 week trip to Hawaii next year and I was wondering if anyone knows of any quilt shops I can visit while I'm there.

Views: 2391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, best thing to do is go on the Internet and search for quilt shops + Hawaii. You'd find quite a few. I went to one in the Big Island, somewhere in Hilo five years ago. - Aida
The state of Hawaii is made up of several islands. I live on the main island of Oahu, which has several quilt shops and fabric stores worth visiting:
Calico Cat in Kaimuki (10 minute drive from Waikiki) is a quaint quilt shop filled to the brim with fabrics, patterns, books and notions. They have classes, so you should contact them for a schedule of classes that may be worth your trip. Good selection of Oriental and novelty prints and solids. Limited street meter parking.
Kaimuki Dry Goods, about 1/2 mile away from Calico Cat, is a huge fabric store carrying high quality clothing material as well as huge selection of Oriental, Hawaiian and traditional cotton prints, notions and books; look for the clearance table, too.
Kuni Island Fabric, about 1 mile from Calico Cat, carries mix of Oriental and Hawaiian fabrics, craft items for sale, notions, stencils, books. It's a mix of quilt/craft sewing store. Ask for class schedule, which includes shibori indigo dying; they also have a class where you make whatever you want to learn.
Quilt Hut in Aiea (30 minute drive from Waikiki) is a more traditional quilt shop, full of samples to inspire you, also has quilt classes. Longarm quilting machine. Hawaiian quilt patterns available.
Walmart Stores (1 block from Ala Moana Center Mall, the mega mall near Waikiki) has a fabric department that has a pretty good selection of fabric and notions, including Hawaiian and Oriental prints. Other Walmarts located in Pearl City, Mililani, and Kunia.
Fabric Mart (close to Waikiki) is a fabric discount warehouse full of every kind of fabric, from fancy to cottons, tons of Hawaiian prints, Orientals. They also have a store near Quilt Hut in Aiea.
Kawaii Hawaii in Aiea is actually more of a craft retail store, but they have a small selection of novelty and Oriental prints that may be worth your while. It's in the same building as Quilt Hut.
To contact any of the above, just do a search for Yellowpages directory on the Net.
I hope this is a little help.
Thank you so much Lorene! This was just the kind of "insider" info I was looking for. If you are ever in Delaware, e-mail me and I'll give you the scoop on the Delaware quilt shops! Charlotte
Hey Lorene! Just wanted to let you know that I did visit most of these shops on our trip and had a blast. Thanks again for your advice. Now I need to find the perfect pattern to make a quilt from all those beautiful batiks I bought on the trip!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service