Quilt With Us

I am a quilter in Texas. The Hill Country to be exact. I live in Boerne and just love it here. My DH is making noise about moving to Dallas, but I may have to lay down the law. He works out of town all of the time and most of it is in the Dallas area. I told him, jokingly and lovingly if course, that if he was home every night it would cut into my quilting time.

Any other Texas quilters out there?

Lois

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I hear you about being closer to the kids. My grandkids are so far away. Two are in INdianapolis and 2 are in Oak Harbor, WA. I always thought when I became a gandmother I would be with them at least once a week. My fondest memories are of my "Nanny". I always wanted to be just like her.

YOu will need to get the coffee cup that say, (about Texas) I wasn't born here but I got here as fast as I could.

Welcome!
People who aren't from Texas think we all have horses as it is. You and your DH will fit right in. Practice saying yaw'll and Howdy! People think we say this a lot. Welcome ahead of time!

I'm from Houston, living in Colorado. I don't know where Boerne is but will look it up. I have a good friend living in Granby,Tx near Ft.Worth (who doesn't quilt). Susan Albert Wittig writes about the Texas hill country doesn't she? great stories. Wish I were back in Texas! anywhere!
Hey Y'all!
OK OK. No big deal for any of us to hear or say it. however, when I just typed in my greeting - Wow! seems cartoonish. I am also a native Texan that a few years ago came back to the Gulf Coast from living in Southern CA and land-locked CO for almost 20 years. It wasn't until I came back to the sweaty humidity/heat that I took up quilting. I wish I still had my basement from my previous home near Denver. What a quilt studio that could've become.....
First in my family to quilt but not the last. I now have a cousin and 3 sisters enjoying it. More recruits are welcome. : )
We have several quilt shops in the county that will probably do much better now that National Chain fabric stores are closing in the area (Hancock, Joann relocated and Wal-Mart no longer sells fabric). Connecting Threads is a great site to order items that do not need to be touched first before purchase. That's one of my peeves. The last five purchases for quilting was done online instead of in-store. So for all of y'all not near shops, it can be done. Ha!
DH hasn't mentioned anything about my stash building purchases but if he does, I plan to tell him that most of the cost was shipping!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service