Quilt With Us

I want to make a Black and White quilt. I don't have any black/white fabrics yet. I think a 2 colored quilt done in blacks and whites would be beautiful, but then it's always in the eye of the beholder. If anyone has a pattern to share or a suggestion. I'm open.

thanks

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I JUST FINISHED A BLACK AND WHITE QUILT FROM ELEANOR BURNS BOOK, "DAY AND NIGHT". IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND SO EASY IT WAS ALMOST BORING. NOW MY CHURCH LADIES WILL QUILT IT ASAP. IT REALLY IS STUNNING. I'D SEND YOU A PICTURE, HOWEVER, I HAVEN'T LEARNED HOW TO DO IT YET (SEND A PICTURE THAT IS). YOU CAN USE TWO OR THREE COLORS, BUT I CHOSE THE TWO COLOR--THAT IS MY STEP DAUHTER CHOSE IT. IT'S QUEEN SIZE AND WE ALL LOVE IT. GOOD LUCK
look at some antique quilts, a lot were done in red & white, or blue & white.... jacob's ladder, underground railroad, double Irish chain, and drunkard's path come to mind.
How about this?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2809015524_cd33d1ebf2_o.jpg
Have you looked at the newest line of fabric from CT? - these could be the perfect fabrics for a black and white quilt.
I made a black and white Sudoku quilt. Using nine different B/W prints, but following the solution to a Sudoku puzzle. I sashed it with a thin red for some color interest and then printed the solution on the label for future reference. It makes a clever wall hanging or table cover but doesn't look like a puzzle. With kids at the table it becomes a conversation item which is fun.
My attempt at a black/white quilt was to make it a SUDOKU quilt by using different fabris for each section. The solving has to do with replacing the number with a fabric. I latticed & post it with red and it turned out a nice size for a wall hanging or small table topper. I put the answer in my label on the back for future solvers.
Just saw this gorgeous quilt at the Vermont Quilt Festival. It's called Liberty Sisters and was made by Carolyn Hudson in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. She says it was inspired by Gail Stepanek's 'Idling in Neutral' and that she used Karen Stone's 'New York Beauty' pattern with black eyed susan appliques. I love how the black & white makes the susans jump out at you!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service