Quilt With Us

i would like to know who is out there from the State of Washington and what city you are in....................................

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sherry and others
I just joined and live in Port Orchard, across Puget Sound from Seattle.
Diana G
Glad you joined. How long have you been quilting? I have been doing it since 2000 but still consider myself a beginner................
I am a beginner. In fact because my Aunt left me a very small inheritance I'm on my way to buy an embrodery machine. I'm very very nervous about spending soooo much money.

I live on the Penninsula near Port Orchard, going north near Tacoma going south!
Hi, I grew up in Olympia, I now live in Southeastern Oregon but still go back home yearly to visit my family. I am planning a trip in April to see my mother and again the first part of July for her 90th birthday.
hi all -

i'm from cheney out by spokane. eastern washington university is here. i've been quilting for about 3 years and have completed only 2 quilts. one i hand-quilted. i'm hand piecing and will hand quilt a dear jane quilt. figure my dd can complete it-lol.
Hi Carolyn, you are not to far away from Odessa. Are you a member of one of the guilds there. Hope you can come over to Odessa for our Quilt Show April 24 and 25.
Hi carolyn,
I"m in Kennewick, but grew up in Ritzville. My sister, Jeannine, turned me onto this blogging stuff and now we're both hooked. It's taken me a while to find this Washington thread, but YAY - people who understand that another Washington does exist besides DC...lol.

I took a hand piecing curves class 2 weeks ago in Spokane from Pepper Cory, who was the WSQ guest speaker. I am also working on a dear jane quilt. Have you joined the Dear jane group yet? They're very inspiring and I plan to get back to working on my dj soon. Can you tell? I'm also in the UFO group.
I'm not very good on this site but I tried to find someone in Michigan so went to meet & Share clicked in Quilters there is a spot for search type in the state you need and see what happens.
Hello from Forks, WA, on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula, home of forest, rivers, lakes, beaches, ocean, waterfalls, mountains, and, most recently, home to the "Twilight" series of books by Stephanie Meyer.

I don't sound at all prejudiced, do I? Can't help it. I love it here.
Forks is beautiful, but so are the Channeled Scablands of Odessa and surrounding areas. There is beauty in every landscape. But I do like the dry side, the webs I was born with in Grays Harbor County have dried up with no signs of reoccurance. Maybe this is the same reason there is no end of quilt ideas.
Yep. Beauty is in the eye... Landscapes are a lot like quilting!

We've done the dry side, the frozen side, the flat side, the hot side, and much prefer the rain, the green, the mountains and hills. We retired to here almost 3 years ago, and keep loving it more. The locals don't figure you're permanent until you've lasted through at least one winter. [grin]

Here in town, we have a small fabric section in the local pharmacy, fun to browse and shop by feel - the range of items available almost reminds me of the variety store growing up. The next nearest LQS is an hour away. I love that Connecting Threads delivers!

We had the Buggy Barn ladies here at last year's Rainfest, from near Spokane if I remember correctly? I haven't been to their store, but do shop online with them, and Chinook Pharmacy carries a bunch of their books and patterns - love their crazy patterns!

So good to see other Washingtonians here!
I am from the state of Washington, having been born and raised in Ritzville, a small town in the middle of wheat fields, but sitting right on I-90, about 60 miles southwest of Spokane. I have also lived in Spokane (while in college at Eastern Washington University), Seattle (where I met my husband and got married), Bellevue (where my two boys were born) and Kennewick (where my daughter was born). From Kennewick we moved to Raleigh, North Carolina for about 3 years and now we live in Columbus, Nebraska (which, by the way, is exactly halfway inbetween North Carolina and Washington). I would LOVE to move back to Washington some day, but my kids are now midwesterners and who knows where they'll end up living. And wherever they are, I don't think I'll want to be far away. Maybe you can tell from all this, that I get homesick a lot and wish I was back there and could talk quilting face-to-face with my mom and sister. Anyway -- I may live in Nebraska -- but I'm from Washington state and proud of it!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service