Quilt With Us

I've made 11 quilts for my Great-Grandchildren. And I don't have ANY yet, so what would be the best way to store them. I may be long gone, by the time those babies are born. But I want the quilts to look as good as they do now in 2010

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First of all, your precious quilts should have a complete label on them. When I make a quilt, I use a piece of muslin to make a pillowcase with a fold over end to keep out the dust & etc. I decorate the end of the case with some of the fabric that that quilt is made out of. One of the tricks is to periodically reroll or refold each quilt so that it doesn't get permanent folds which weakens the fabric. I'm certain other folks have more hints and ideas. I would be interested in reading about them, also.
What Dorothy said, and DON't put them in a cedar chest. There's too much acids in the bare wood inside & it can discolor the fabric.
Thanks for your input: I actually bought a Samonite suitcase at a resale store . I made sure it was clean and it had wheels to move it into a closet.
I laid them in there, wrapped in muslin and re-arrange them every few months - so far - so good.
I like to lay quilts out on my spare bedThis way there are no folds in them.Just keep them out of direct sunlight,you can put a sheet over them to keep clean.When company comes l take them off and put them in the closet untill company is gone, then put them back. This works for me.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service