Quilt With Us

This will not be a swap with partners this time as the theme is a personal one to you and probably be a keepsake that you wish to treasure.

SUBJECT.

" A Personal Childhood Memory."

Not many rules.

You have from now until July 1st to get your piece finished.

The piece will have with it a short paragraph of what the piece means to you, no names as the one judging will only know by a letter I assign.  It must have THREAD PAINTING on, but it can also have mixed media and be no larger than 12 x 12

If you have any questions please ask away.

I will put people names up when they let me know if they are interested.

I know some already have but hopefully they won't change their minds when they read this.

Ally Bryant.

B.J.

Brenda

Gwen

Terri

Please let me know if I have missed someone as I don't have the screen up of TP and I am sure there was others. I will go back in and add.

Views: 1040

Replies to This Discussion

started on my childhood memory- something I did just about every day except when there was snow on the ground.

Hi Gals , BB has very graciously said she would choose the winner for our challenge. So I know we all like to hint what we are doing, but don't give away the secret as she will be judging by letters or numbers, so she won't know who's done what.

I have in mind of what I am doing but haven't started as yet.
Glad to back amongst you al again!

I got started on my piece today. I took a "day off" and am just doing things I want that won't wear me out.  Got the background done to where I can start adding foreground. Have that part outlined with thread. So far, so good. My neck and shoulder are ready for a break now. LOL  Dinner and a movie is next on the agenda.

I know what I want to do, but I don't know when I'll be able to start. My Mom's house and estate have to be dealt with first. I'm only there one or two days a week, but I have to sort through the stuff I bring home that has to be given back to the rest of the family (whether they want it or not! lol) Bad enough that I  now have a collection of frogs......

Char - FYI - frogs are NOT my thing. So, enjoy them at your own home.  As for the TP .... it gets done when it gets done. No worries as far as I am concerned.

Awww I think that's neat Char that you've got frogs! I love frogs and turtles and have one or two. Of course outside we have the "real" deal with crokie frogs and the occasional turtles that go through the yard and lots and lots of tiny lizards. 

I have an idea, just need to figure out who to go about it. Now if the headaches cooperate I may even get it started.

Awesome frogs. Every night the frogs sing a chorus here and the owls also can be heard. At times they're so loud we can hear them inside our house~ with windows and doors closed. Remember going frog giggin' as a kid (no that's not what I will make as my challenge piece) but wouldn't dream of going now. I do have my idea now to make it happen.

I'm in too Ally but like many am not sure what I am going to do. I will have to work around the house painting but will see what I can achieve. BB will be a wonderful judge.

Gee Char, if you don't want the frogs, you could always award them as prizes!

ok, just a "practice piece"... I'd forgotten it was to be a childhood memory, so I'll do another one ; ) This was fun though! 

color removed

DH's 'Hard-Working Hands'

That's really great Gwen!

Aweee, thank you, BJ

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service