Quilt With Us

This will not be a swap with partners this time as the theme is a personal one to you and probably be a keepsake that you wish to treasure.

SUBJECT.

" A Personal Childhood Memory."

Not many rules.

You have from now until July 1st to get your piece finished.

The piece will have with it a short paragraph of what the piece means to you, no names as the one judging will only know by a letter I assign.  It must have THREAD PAINTING on, but it can also have mixed media and be no larger than 12 x 12

If you have any questions please ask away.

I will put people names up when they let me know if they are interested.

I know some already have but hopefully they won't change their minds when they read this.

Ally Bryant.

B.J.

Brenda

Gwen

Terri

Please let me know if I have missed someone as I don't have the screen up of TP and I am sure there was others. I will go back in and add.

Views: 1049

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I was E.  Not very "fancy" but more the memory part for me...I enjoyed making this piece and will cherish it always...

Sorry Brenda! The internet kept dropping out earlier, so I started posting comments and then couldn't get back on to read the main page, I just came here to see if you'd seen the results.  It seems the internet is working now - I couldn't get foxtel working either (I think they are magically connected somehow) so I had to resort to watching a DVD while I worked.  The problem with that was the DVD 'door' wouldn't open by pressing the remote or the button on the unit - (haven't used it for a long time) I was getting VERY frustrated!!  Of course if you 'encourage' it with a fingernail whilst pressing the button like a crazy woman - sometime it just works!  Huh! Who needs technology?? :)

Sometimes you need to replace the batteries on the remote. : )

LOL

Congrats BJ!

I hear you on the faffing, Sister! (but not the part about the nice, tidy work room!)

Hope you don't mind waiting until Sept. For me to do a smilebox.
Congrats BJ and Brenda! This was fun and has given me a nudge to get out of my slump. My creative side has been in hiding and have been missing my mojo. Had to scrap my first attempt as it was horrid. Second one better but didn't have time to do everything I had envisioned for it. But it's an okay that I am pleased with. Hopefully this will keep me going in the right direction now. I too am very anxious to see everyone's creations. Will be waiting on Sept to arrive.

BTW Ally, safe travels to you and Paul. Enjoy your trip and the wedding.
Thanks Cindy really looking forward to meeting up with my siblings and Paul's siblings most we haven't seen since Moms 90 birthday party and she passed a month after that so it will seems strange that she won't be there. My cousin from Scotland called tonight and told us to bring warm clothes as it was only 11C brr!! Cold after our 38C we have been having.
When we go to Scotland it will be kinda reply of our childhood, cottage we are renting is two doors away from Uncles house and the beach across the road. Taking my watercolour paints and sketch pad, baby bro is a water colour painter.
Oh BB I can so relate to this technology you ought to have seen me trying to get Cindy's piece off to you iI was nearly tearing my hair out and of course I couldn't say to you it was Cindy's piece just letter E . Still don't know why it would send!!
That is one of the reason I decided to wait until I came back to do the smilebox because I know it is going to be a challenge,!
Hoping this week to get your little gift off to you BJ, Brenda and BB. Could you message me your address BJ and Brenda.thanks.

Have a great trip Ally and Paul.  Enjoy the family.   11C??? That's what we've got here and it's WINTER!!!

But then, it was cold when you were here hoping for some summery weather.

Don't know why I have no notifications for here until this morning. Well done BJ and Brenda. I would like to thank Ally and BB for giving me the chance to DO SOMETHING. It was really small and not very well executed but I enjoyed doing it.

Have a good trip Ally and I can just add that I have only wore sandals once this year. We are not quite as far up the country as you are going but we have had no summer to speak of yet.

Congratulations Brenda and BJ on being the winners. Can't wait to see what all everyone did.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service