Quilt With Us

This will not be a swap with partners this time as the theme is a personal one to you and probably be a keepsake that you wish to treasure.

SUBJECT.

" A Personal Childhood Memory."

Not many rules.

You have from now until July 1st to get your piece finished.

The piece will have with it a short paragraph of what the piece means to you, no names as the one judging will only know by a letter I assign.  It must have THREAD PAINTING on, but it can also have mixed media and be no larger than 12 x 12

If you have any questions please ask away.

I will put people names up when they let me know if they are interested.

I know some already have but hopefully they won't change their minds when they read this.

Ally Bryant.

B.J.

Brenda

Gwen

Terri

Please let me know if I have missed someone as I don't have the screen up of TP and I am sure there was others. I will go back in and add.

Views: 1037

Replies to This Discussion

Wonderful memories everyone and such fantastic methods of illustrating them. You have all done an amazing job. No TP from me for ages and ages. The threads, fabric and sewing machine are still stored in the shed from before we had the house interior painted earlier mid year. Maybe after Christmas at this stage.

A great challenge result Ally - you did a great job of hosting it.

Gwen did mention that she had picked her theme for childhood memories but then her move came and she had packing etc to do. But said she might do it at a later date.
So what I am trying to say is if there are any like Gwen that are working on theirs please post at a later when you are finishe as the rest of us would love to see them.

There are some great memory pieces.  Well done fellow TP ers and thanks agian Ally for giving me a break from QFC.

THE ORIGINAL PIC i was going to do was of the pit heap in our village. Situated outside of our front door it was a magnet for a tomboy like me. There is a photograph with me sitting in front of it and one day I will get around to it.    Didnt do it because I wasn,t sure if anyone else would know what it was.

I certainly would know what it was Linda. I remember when I was growing up the great disaster of Abervan of all those children loss, it was something I WILL NEVER FORGET! Not sure my spelling is right. Maybe have a go at doing it and post later. Thanks for joining in, it was fun.

Congratulations BJ, what a beautiful job you did on the TP. All you ladies are to be commended on putting memories into art. (((Applause! Applause!))) Great job everyone.

I found someone to show me how to thread paint, I have my childhood memory half done, so as soon it is completed I'm bringing it to the shop to learn!!

That's great Sharon! Can't wait to see what your piece.

Sharon I am so glad that you continued with the childhood TP. Would love to see it when it is finished so look forward to you posting it. I think Gwen may get hers finished once she gets settled.
BJ - meant to ask you were you framing yours in a picture frame or was it going into a wall hanging?
Today went to the Apple Store to try and sort some things out but they were unable to help on a few things but I now have to get In Touch with our new provider. Have yet to change this site, hope it doesn''t knock me off.

I put mine in a picture frame, Ally. 

Yes I want to put mine in a frame, but I think I want to tweet mine a bit more.

Here's how mine looks, Ally.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service