Quilt With Us

I like Jennifer Chiaverini-Elm Creek Quilt novels. Books by Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter they both write about the amish way of life.
Have you read any that you would like to tell about?

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Barbara have you read Kathleen McGowan's books "The Expected One" and "The Book of Love"? Not quilt books but they weave an intriguing tale.
Thanks for the suggestion--I'm waaaay behind on my reading. Hazard of the profession, I guess.
I'll be sure to add them to the stack.
I've read a couple of Earlene Fowler's novels and also Monica Ferris and Debbie Macomber's Blossom St. series. I especially like audiobooks when I get them and have downloaded a lot of e-audiobooks from the library and free classics from librivox.org. Jane Austen is my favorite, but I also like the Scarlet Pimpernel books and Louisa May Alcott. If I have some expendable income sometime in the next year, I'll check into audible.com.
I just finished a great book by Marie Bostwick called a Single Thread. Another couple of great series are the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency and the Miss Read books. Right now I'm reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. She is one of my favs.
I don't follow any one particular author. Just like my quilting, I like to dabble, lol. I am currently reading "Happens Every Day", a book written by Elliot Stabler's wife( a character on Law and Order). Her book is about how her husband, a college professor, left her for a younger "Audrey Hepburn type" colleague. It's really a girlfriend kind of book and not at all a downer. I'm about halfway through and enjoying the read tremendously.
The book The Guild at the Granary is a really good read and you can order it from the website listed in Janis B's profile. Pick up a copy and share it with your quilt friends.
I'm so glad Pauline started this discussion. Next to quilting- reading is my favorite thing to do.

I have to tell you all that I just read a review of Janis B's book and told myself it would be my next purchase (I already blew the budget on too many books before I saw the review) Had I known it was written by one of our own I wouldn't have hesitated. You can bet it will be my next purchase.

I'm one of those that reads several books at once. Even though I'm supposed to be cramming to take a state license exam and the clock is ticking. Just like high school and college- I have to push that envelope.

RIght now on my bedside table I have bookmarks in The Lost Quilter, The Cat, The Quilt and the Corpse, Creative Journal Writing, Escaping into the Open, Make Money Not Excuses and The Quilting Answer Book. I'm not kidding.

Last weekend I finished Elizabeth Berg's Home Free. I cannot recommend this highly enough. I've read every one of her books and they just keep getting better. You all may be interested to know she is also a quilter.
Before that I finished Murder with all the Trimmings by Elaine Viets. I read all her books. If you like Janet Evanovich you will like Elaine Viets. And yes, I grab every Evanovich book as soon as they come out and read them practically in one sitting. Anne Tyler is another favorite.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I have new titles and authors to discover!

Renee

P.S. I swap books with family and friends too. I don't always buy them all.
OOPS! The book by Elizabeth Berg is Home Safe not Home Free.
I'm also a huge fan of the Elm Creek series - I own them all and have re-read several. Suspense is also one of my favorites - some of my favorite authors are; David Baldacci, Nora Roberts, Catherine Coulter and Iris Johansen - there are others too, but can't think of them off the top of my head. I've also read the Harry Potter series mulitple times. I love books on tape/cd so I can "read" while I sew!
I also love audio books - take them on road trips to keep me company while my husband sleeps while I drive.
humm I must be missing something... The only books that I've read in a while are the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It's a series of books about time travel, history of Scotland and the American revolution. Ms. Gabaldon has written some lengthy novels but they are interesting, halarious in parts and filled with history. The next book comes out Sept 22. Everything gets put on hold then even the quilting.
I loved the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon! It's good to hear that a new one is coming out!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service