Quilt With Us

I like Jennifer Chiaverini-Elm Creek Quilt novels. Books by Beverly Lewis and Wanda Brunstetter they both write about the amish way of life.
Have you read any that you would like to tell about?

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great question and lots of good answers for reading material. I go first for Books on Tape or CD, but I run out of those pretty quick, because I'm not into blood and guts, discriptive sex or soap opera material.
I like Earline Fowler but for some reason, I don't care for Jennifer Chiaverini. I enjoy the Miss Read series.
I liked the Elm Creek Quilt novels as well. Stephanie Grace Whitson's "Sarah's Patchwork" is one of my all-time favorites, and I liked most all of her other books, too. I liked the Troublesome Creek series by Jan Watson. Novels by Roxanne Henke, Susan Meissner, and Francine Rivers (The Scarlet Thread), and a little hardback book called "The Christmas Quilt" by Thomas J. Davis were favorites, too. I like to read, so I have several favorite authors. Mindy Starns Clark was mentioned earlier, and she is a favorite, too.

For a great quilt book, don't overlook "No Time on My Hands" by Grace Snyder as told to her daughter, author Nellie Snyder Yost. It is an exception look at the role quilting played in the life of an early day ranch woman in Nebraska. While it is a biography, it is written in novel style, so it is not dry or hard to read.
Oops, I forgot "The Healing Quilt" by Lauraine Snelling.
This is a beautiful book and a heartwarming story.
I like Chiaverini too. She seems to make me feel as though I am a member of Elk Creek! quite a talent! Who knows when the next volume is due out? Gini
I've read all her novels and really enjoyed them. They weren't just about quilting and it's good to see how all different personalities and ages can come together by one common idea.
I guess my interest in non-fiction started with my pt job as a circulation page
at our library during my high school yearz.

I just started reading: Dead Lucky - Life After Death on Mount Everest by Lincoln Hall (with
my National Geographic "Everest" map at my side) and
closer to the cutting mat is Quilty as Charged - Undercover in a Material World by spike gillespie.
I enjoy Beverly Lewis books. They center in the Ohio Amish country I have traveled often. I am curious about their way of life in today's world. She is an easy read writer, full of daily activities and the story lines are smooth. The quilter's daughter was my first.. of course. From then on I was hooked !

I am now reading the Elm Creek novels. You can get a collection of them in one book. I was sad to see the quilts are not shown in front of the hard back binding when bought as a collection. So, back to the book store to buy them as singles. I want to see the style of quilts. They are drawn, not pictured .. but.. hey.. they are fiction. ..grin.

Please, tell me more about what you think.
Did you know that there are quiltmaking books to go with the Elm Creek series? A new one is about to come out according to Amazon. The quilts have actually been designed and made with directions for each.
I love the books. There have been several quilting books based on the series. The latest one is Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. CT has it on sale for 40% off until 5/4.
I have heard of the different Authors you are speaking of, except Earlene Fowler. What are the Benny Harper novels about? Do you remember any of the titles that you could pass along? I am looking for someone different to read at the moment..........
thanks,
Carol
They are quilt mysterys--and they have the names of quilts in their titles. But you should read them in order as Benny `s life changes as you follow the stories. Earline has also written a few that are not Benny Harper mysterys.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service