Quilt With Us

I have used Rowenta irons and been pretty happy with them, though they don't seem to have a long shelf life. However, I have had a terrible time with my most recent Rowenta, it is leaking terribly. It worked well until I brought it to my quilt retreat and it was on almost constantly for 6 days. Since then it won't stop leaking out of the bottom.

I like a fairly heavy iron. I also insist on using tap water, so whatever iron I get has to work well with whatever water I have on hand.

My sister-in-law has an Oliso and loves it.

What irons do other people like?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Views: 288

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a two-year old Rowenta made in Germany and 1700 watts.  I bought it for because it was heavy and really great for removing wrinkles on the fabric.  I also have a 1200 watt Sunbeam which is quite light and I use it for quick touch-up and setting seams.  I haven't had any problem with leaking in either irons.

I shall try to find out where my Rowenta was made as I have read that the ones made in Germany are better. Thanks!

I use both a Rowenta and an Oliso.  Both have their pros and cons.  I keep hearing the best way to make sure an iron does not leak is to never put water in it, use a spritzer bottle.  I may do that as both of mine have started to leak from time to time.

I purchased a Shark Vacuum claeaner at Sam's and with it came a Shark Iron, It is a heavy one and gives a great steam and kicks out the wrinkles so fast. The silver iron piece is smaller then the iron itself kind of wierd looking but I am really pleased with it.. I go through irons because they leak so fast that I am hoping this stays working so good.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service