Quilt With Us

Where are you from and how long have you been Quilting?

Hi
I live in Columbus, Ga, USA and I have been quilting for about 4 years.

Views: 1023

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live in Greensburg KY and have been quilting for over 20 years...anyone from SC or KY on this site?
Hi Rebecca. I live in Jackson, KY. My husband is a salesman, and travels throughout Ky, Tn, Va, and the tip of W Va. I asked him where Greensburg was, and he oriented me to its location. Glad to have another Kentuckian on board. I'm sure there are more of us!
yes I am a Ky. quilter in Mt.Vernon been quilting off and on about 20 years ..I see so many pretty patterns now that they didn't use to have years ago.
Hi there all, I am Cheryl and live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I have been quilting since I was very young as my Granny and Mom taught me. Left it for a while whilst I had small children and then went to train as an RN,
After finishing, I started quilting again. Mainly EPP which I could take with me to work on during night shifts. As the years went by and the children grew up and moved out, I started to quilt more and then I retired about 10 years ago and have been at it almost full time ever since. I have always owned a sewing machine and my husband bought me the Bernina with the BSR, which is stunning. I formed a huge ganglion on my right wrist by rolling and pushing my log cabin through the small opening on the Bernina to machine quilt it. The ganglion eventually started to compress the artery to my hand = it would go blue at times. SO off to theatre to have it removed - it is still there but a lot smaller now. When I came home he bought me the Gracie Prof Frame and the Tin Lizzie. I really love my monster but it requires a large learning curve and I am still getting there. I still quilt on the Bernina but my greatest love is hand quilting !
I live in SE TN and have been quilting for almost 30 years.. I do both completely hand made quilts, and hand quilting on machine pieced quilts.. It is how I relax... There is nothing equal to cutting up perfectly good fabric and making something beautiful and useful from it.. LOL
Hi, I live in Statesville, NC and have been quilting for about 3 years. Still not the best, but trying very hard. Enjoy loving on your fabrics, Rhonda
Hi. I live in Hillsboro, Oregon. I made my first quilt when I was 8, but really got into quilting as a hobby about 7 years ago. I still have young kids so my quilting time is limited, but I love it when I can sneak off and play!
I live in West Virginia and I have been quilting for 30+ years. I'm still enjoying it!!!! I hand quilted 3 quilts this past winter and am thinking about starting another one. I have a star quilt that I would love to see finished, maybe it will be the next one I quilt.
I live in far northern Ely, Minnesota. About 25 miles south of Canada. Land of 10,000+ lakes & home of the "Boundary Waters Canoe Area".

I have been making quilts off & on for over 15 years. Can't remember the year of my first quilt. It was a "make in a weekend" quilt. Yeah, right. But I finished it & I have given all my projects as gifts. I've pretty much taught myself how to quilt with the aid of books. And now, some web-sites & TV shows. I decide on a block & go free-style from there. My first quilt was about queen size? but all have been lap & baby quilts since. I have only "quilted" about 3 of them. (machine) and I now want to expand into larger quilts that are quilted vs. tied.
I've taken pictures of most things I have made...but am hesitant to post them. There are lots of talented people on this site. I am still quite an amateur but I do pay attention to my measurements & getting my points to line up. So far it looks like I am a scrappy quilter. I suppose because I have a TON of fabric and try to use up what I have. (I used to live near a fabric liquidator? warehouse that had 2 public sales each year. I would buy like crazy) I've been a sewer all my life & when I look back, I was buying fabric just because i liked it without any plan in mind. That was B4 I took up quilting.

I view my quilting as utilitarian, meant to be used, abused & eventually worn out. I'm not into heirloom quality or major master pieces. I think I avoided quilting because I felt everything had to be "hand sewn, quilted, etc. Once i got over that...the sky is the limit. If one item makes it for a generation, that is a good thing.

that's my story & I'm sticking to it.
Hi~~I live in New York State, right in the center of the state. I have been sewing for most of my life, since age 6, and quilting for a total of about 7 years. I did some quilting when my mom was ill, because she wanted to teach me, and when she passed away I put everything away because it was too painful to work on it without her. Then, after retirement, I woke up one morning with the thought that I wanted to get back at it, and learn everything I could about all types of quilting. I just love to sew and quilt. There is nothing that can relax me more, or give me more satisfaction.
I just started a group here called New York State Stitchers. Hope to see lots of NYS quilters join!
Lyn
Attachments:
Hi I live in Brantford Ont. Canada. I emigrated from England to Canada in 1977 to Thornbury a little town on Southern Georgian Bay. We lived there for 27 years. That is when I took up quilting in 1980 and have been quilting on and off ever since. Now I am retired I have more time for quilting and just starting getting into teaching at our over 50 club and am enjoying it very much. It is so rewarding to see how people that have never quilted learn and are so pleased with their accomplishments. I'm thinking of teaching young people in grade school - classes maybe from home in small groups as they don't seem to teach them home enco. in schools now which is ashame. I have just join this group in the last couple of months and am really enjoying corresponding with different gals. from different part of North America. Iam a hand quilter and have just started machine quilting but I can see I will need a lot more practice yet! One of my passions is paper piecing if you have never tried it have a go - I know it isn't for everyone but I and others find it very additive. Just like collecting fabric. I have enjoyed seeing where people are from.
Hello:

I live in the Interior of Alaska, Fairbanks, and I've been quilting for about five years.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service