Quilt With Us

Where are you from and how long have you been Quilting?

Hi
I live in Columbus, Ga, USA and I have been quilting for about 4 years.

Views: 970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm Tracey (or just Trace) and I've been quilting for about five years now. I have my own longarm business that I started a year and a half ago, and can honestly say that I've made more quilts in this past year that I ever thought a single person could!! Oh, and I'm from central Pennsylvania.
I've been enjoying reading this thread. I am living in Virginia, just south of Washington, DC but we are planning to move back home to Oklahoma within the next six months (that's the plan). I've been back east since 2000 and took up quilting about five years ago. I am completely hooked - it is my therapy! I have a Gammill Premier Plus and love to paperpiece. I am just starting to learn about applique - was too scared of it for years to try.
Hi Girls,
I live in Western New Brunswick, Canada (middle of nowhere) and have been quilting for about 15 years now. Came to Canada from the UK 17 years ago and never knew a thing about quilting. I've learned a lot, thanks to some good friends and a couple of quilting groups.
Travelled to Augusta, Maine this summer to see a great quilt show and buy FABRIC!!

I love to start projects............no time to finish them because I have another one to start! Help me!!
I'm Linda, mostly "lurking' from S W Ontario, and grew up with quilts on many beds made before my time! I have been quilting since 1974- I guess that's 35 yrs, after taking a course in W. Montreal where we were living at the time... all hand work...templates, and made the first few for myself by hand, then quite a number of quilts of all sizes, all patchwork, more by machine after retirement 8 yrs ago. Of course, my kids' and nephews' weddings came then and babies, and other recipients benefitted too with the expanded time I could devote to it.. I have not quilted by machine, but took a course last spring for using my 43 yr old Singer. My oldest UFO, a Double Wedding Ring of 12 years for my older daughter, is in completion as soon as I can get up the courage to machine quilt the outer border. It was your Group for DWR that drew me in to this site!!! Thanks for the enjoyment, and even though I don't Blog, I participate in some discussions! My fabric comes from Fabricland and Len's Mill Store locally.
I love to go to quilt shows and subscribe to Quilters' Newsletter Mag. in awe! No kits, and I draft most of my own work, with ideas from all over!
Hi. I live in the northeast corner of W.Va. and I have been quilting since 1982.
I live in Central, PA and have been quilting since 1986, non-stop, improving my skills with each project and each year. If I am not working, I am quilting/piecing/applique. Love it!
Hi Martha...I live in Livingston TX, north of Houston. I have been quilting for about 1 year now. My Dad and I do this together. I piece them and he is quilting them. He bought my Mom a Longarm Quilter from PCQ about 1 1/2 years ago. She never got to use it, she got sick and the Lord took her a year ago in August. Dad felt impelled to continue with the projects that she had on her mind. We have made about 7 or 8 quilts now. He actually made one by himself. Dad had never sewed until now. It has been therapy for both of us. Have a great day!! I just noticed this was posted Dec. 2008...lol
I am from Elko, MN and took my first quilting class about 4 years ago. Although my class project turned out beautifully, I was still intimidated on my own and did not try again for 2 years. I then taught myself paper piecing, took classes again in rotary cutting and have been hooked ever since.
I am from Oxford, MI and have been quilting for about 5 years but only about 2 years pretty seriously. I'm turning 30 in April and am a stay at home Mom so I like that it helps me feel "productive" without a (paying) job.
Hi Sandy from Ohio here. I have two sewing machines both Brothers a Duetta 4500 and a PC8500D..both are embrodiery machines and can also sew. I like all crafts and paper card stuff.
Lately Ive been thinking I have to narrow it down and sewing quilting is winning!..
I deliver mail and can retire Aug 12, 2011.. now if I can afford it will be another story.
I'm in central Connecticut and I started quilting in 1992, but took a rather long break and am now getting back into it. Recently finished a UFO (started 14 years ago). Now working on a quilt for my bed, and one for my niece who is expecting my first grandneice.

I'm married to a very encouraging man, have a grown daughter, and a 13 y.o. stepdaughter who lives with us. Two cats, three frogs, a newt and a fish round out the zoo.
Hello-
I am Maggie from Tulsa. I am a transplanted New Englander (Connecticut) and have been quilting on and off for 35 years, since I was 10. About 14 years ago, I pieced an entire quilt top by hand while lying on my back in a hospital bed, recovering from a spinal injury. I started to hand quilt it too, but then I recovered. It's still there.

For me the advent of the rotary cutter changed my life. I am terrible with a scissors. I have been learning to free-motion quilt on the smallest cheapest machine imaginable, and am in the process of getting a GMQ frame and Juki 98Q as a belated wedding present. (geezer newlyweds)

I am hoping in part to interest my husband, as he is much older than I and will retire in about 5 years. I work full time and we also run a small Italian Greyhound Rescue in our home, so my time is sadly limited. I have a serious fabric problem and rarely pass up a good deal on vintage barkcloth, which I like to quilt with.

Maggie

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service