Quilt With Us

I think it would be cool to have a thread for each state in the USA and other countries, so we can find quilters in our areas.

This would be so cool. We could meet other quilters and go to quilt shops and shows together. Also could have get togethers to quilt.

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Give your son a message: Sir you are one of the greatest men I have read about recently. You will never know just how much my family appreciates what you are doing for us. My husband was a carreer man and retired 33 years ago. He would go back in if they would let him, but his age that is a no no.

May God Bless you and your family and take care of yourself. Remember the majority of the USA is
with you all the way I am on top of the list for support.

Alma
Hi everyone,
I am from New York State, Madison, which in right in the center of the state. I started a group on this site called New York State Stitchers, and would love to have all you New Yorkers join us!
I have been sewing since age 6, started quilting in 1998, but had to put it aside for several years to help care for both terminally ill parents. After I retired in 2004, I returned to quilting and sewing.. bought myself a wonderful Elna Quilters Dream Pro machine and have been enjoying quilting and all the associated activities tremedously!!! I belong to a quilt guild, love shop hops, and have a small group that meets in my studio once a week. What fun we have, and we share so much!
Hope to be welcoming lots more New Yorkers into NYS Stitchers group!!!!
Lyn
My name is Gwen and I live inBrooklyn, N.Y. I am 74 years old and have been quilting since I retired in 1991. I love traditional quilts and I make bed quilt for family and friends. I belong to a small informal quilt group that meets every Monday. Love Connecting Threads. I also love to travel and buy fabrics.
Gwen
Hi,I live in Massachsetts, just north of Boston. Love to quilt and visit quilt shops Haven't been quilting very long but am learning. I would love to join a quilt group someday soon.
Hi Quilters, I'm from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Port Orchard, Washington to be exact. Just finished a large project called Wildflower Sampler. I've been quilting, really piecing, since 1991. I've probably made a quilt a year since 1991 and quilted each on my Bernina. This last quilt was the toughest I've ever done, as it included applique, piecing blocks, lots of free motion quilting. I just started a new quilt for my daughter, Kelly for Christmas. I added a photo of my quilt to this website today.
Hi everyone. I'm 55 years old and I live in Scottdale, Pa., just southeast of Pittsburgh. What a small world we have thanks to internet. :)
I am 51 and live in Ulysses, Kansas. I am now a grandmother for the first time and loving it!
Hi, I live in Fort Worth,Texas and have been quilting about 3 years. I turned 70 years old yesterday. I work part time to support my fabric addiction. Carol
Happy Birthday, Carol. My birthday was yesterday also. I was born on my mother's birthday so my DH and I drove up to Chicago to celebrate with her. She is in a nursing home and is in the end stages of Parkinsons. I'm afraid my time with her will be short but I treasure every minute of it.
I am 56 years old and live in NH, I was born and raised in ND, then met this AF guy and have traveled since then. We have a wonderful time checking out his favorite historic places and my quilt/fabric shops! any quilters I would love to meet. ND or NH, I go to ND twice a year to see family.
Marnie, what part of ND are you from. My Mom lived in Powers Lake for when she w as a child and I have relatives in Minot. Haven't been back to up to ND for over 40 years.
Hi everyone: I live in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada, directly across from Buffalo. You can see the Peace Bridge from my childhood home. There aren't any fabric stores in our little town, and none of my friends quilt. So, an online group that can share my excitement is what I need! I am originally a garment make, but changed to quilting when my daughters no longer required my services. Do you have any idea how many skating dresses and prom ensembles I have created? You don't want to know!! I learned to quilt in 2003, and I am hooked. I love the idea of making something out of a bunch of fabric just sitting there. The neatest quilt I made was for my 8 year old niece. I made all of her clothes when she was small, and I saved the scraps. I created a quilt called "Gabby's dresses" made from her clothing fabric. In the centre of each courthouse step block I appliqued a heart. It is very very bright, but very "Gabby". I will take a picture of it and post.
Have a nice weekend. I spent the afternoon outside sewing on the deck.
Debbie

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service