Quilt With Us

I think it would be cool to have a thread for each state in the USA and other countries, so we can find quilters in our areas.

This would be so cool. We could meet other quilters and go to quilt shops and shows together. Also could have get togethers to quilt.

Views: 389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, Mary Pat, how did you have time to quilt with 7 children. I can't even imagine.
Hello Janis.......I just made time! When my kids were little I didn't quilt but I made all of their clothes at least the 6 girls. The 1 son had store bought(he was the baby!) I did alot of cross-stitching and crafts back then but in the last 10 to 12 years I have quilted alot of items. I guess one just makes time for what they want to do as to what they have to do. Have a great Memorial Day....Mary Pat
Hi;
I'm new to this site and what I've seen I really like.
I live in West Branch, Mi and love the quiet life I have where I can just quilt whenever I want.
I started about 30 yrs ago by doing Crazy Quilt projects. I figured the free style type of quilting was best for me because I jsut knoew I'd never be able to master those 1/4" seams. LOL I got brave and figured what the heck........it's just for me and off I went and have never looked back. LOL
For years Applique' was a four letter word to me and now I love it. Quilters are the greatest people around and have helped me grow in hundreds of ways.
"Piecefully" Yours,

Audrey
Hi, i am from s.c. and i love to quilt .crosstitch and work in my flowers. I do a lot of foundation piecing because i am not an accurate seamer.
Hi, I am going to be 63 at the end of JUne and I live 15 miles west of Baton Rouge, La. I joined the online CT's to try to find other quilters in my area. Hope toone day meet all of you.........
I am from Middletown Pennsylvania. I have been quilting since the early 70's and do a lot of my own desing work for my quilts. I also love to do woodworking and first started doing that so a natural progression from cutting wood to cutting fabric?

I have lived in New Jersey and Arizona as well, but PA has been home for the past 25 years.

Of all the quilt patterns out there, I am most interested in stars of any kind. Almost every quilt I have made has stars of some kind somwhere in them. I think the only exception to this rule so far are the stained glass wallhanging I did from my brother and his wife and a trip around the world quilt.

Don't get me wrong, I love all the patterns, just somehow tend to reach for the stars .
I love this area as we are so close to Lancaster and so many great quilt shops with even better prices! I am part of a group of friends that met on the Alex Anderson Message board from all over the country and each spring we meet up in Lancaster for the Quilters Heritage Celebration. We do a show and tell each year of things we all have been working on, spend quality time catching up on the year and exchanging ideas, tips and plans for new projects :)

Last year was our first group challange....to make something with Yellow it, since the last few trips we have had cold overcast weather and not much sun. The 2010 challange is something using blue.... If I survive making the oval diamond log cabin quilt that will be my show and tell for spring .
I also enjoy this MB and places like it where you can ASK for help and get a wealth of information from people who actuall have found "the better way to build the mousetrap!". Sometimes the ideas just spark other ways of looking at a problem and you end up with several ways to do something you wouldn't have every thought of or tried.

Karen,
Thanks for starting this thread....and no, I am not responsible for any of the thread found on the floor of anyone elses sewing room...just mine.....
George......
Hello, I stumble on this website yesterday and I am just blown away! I don't know how I missed this I always order from connecting threads I love their material and patterns. ordering for about two years now when I started quilting again. I live in southern West Virginia, am turning 50 this year - ouch! I am married to a wonderful husband who supports me in anything I do and loves to go to the quilt shops with me. I have 3 boys, my eldest is in the Army, getting ready to do his third tour in Irag. I also have 3 grandchildren 2 of them are girls which got me to sewing again. My grandmother always quilted so I have been around it all my life, I quilted a little in the early 80's then gotten away from it. Still had all my scraps and stuff boy that was a treat to go through! Anyways I hope to meet new friends and get together and maybe have a big sew retreat somewhere!
Hi ,I have never used the material from connecting threads .Is it of good quality
Yes! Excellent. I highly recommend it. Sue, if you haven't tried CT's fabric you really should.
Not all of it is my taste but that's why there are so many quilt patterns out there- and so little time.
I think i will try it . I hope they have the color i want. I was afraid it wasn't the quality of the other fabric.
Cheryl, I have to say thank you to you, your family and particularly your son for serving this country. All of us too often sit comfortably at home without a thought of the sacrifice our young people make for all of us.

Hope you had a good Memorial Day and understand that there are people who care and appreciate their service.
Cheryl, my son is also in the Army - getting ready for his 1st deployment to Iraq. Have you been to goarmyparents.com? I sure did love it while he was in basic and there's a great thread for parents of deployed. Where is your son stationed? Mine's at Ft. Lewis, WA.

Darce

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service