Quilt With Us

I think it would be cool to have a thread for each state in the USA and other countries, so we can find quilters in our areas.

This would be so cool. We could meet other quilters and go to quilt shops and shows together. Also could have get togethers to quilt.

Views: 377

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I live in Frisco, Texas.  I'm 56, been married 37 years and have 2 sons and 1 grandson.  I'm a beginner quilter, but am already hooked.  I've taken 1 class several years ago and have only made 3 quilts.  I'm taking a beginners class from Quilt University.  I have so many things I want to make and not enough time in the day.  I am working full time.  Been with the same company for 31 years.
I live in Northeast PA, wilkesbarre/scranton.....Anybody else?
I am from NY...a small town called Keene..in the Adirondack Mountains pretty Northeast.
Hi Deb, is Keene anywhere near Paul Smith's College?  My husband went there in the late 70's...it's not far from Saranac Lake.  Vicki/NY

Hello fellow quilters, I just joined today and think this string is a great idea.  So interesting to see the variety of quilters from so many places and countries.  I am from Winnipeg in Manitoba Canada.  Very cold here for a long time now but thankfully I discovered quilting just before I retired.  Great way to fill the cold winter hours. There is not a good selection of Quilt and fabric shops here in the city but there are a few good ones if you are willing to travel to the smaller communities.  I also travel across the US border a couple of times a year and enjoy the shopping in S Dakota and Minnesota.  Fabric is so much more reasonably priced!  I often quilt with my sister and sister-in-law and we like to challenge each other by trying new techniques and styles. 

I would consider joining a quilt group.  Anyone else in my area?

What are your favorite shops in S. Dakota and Minnesota?
Gruber's in Waite Park, MN and Faye's Hen House in Mayville which is actually N Dakota.  For fabric, Mill End Textiles in Fargo, S Dakota and in Minneapolis, MN.
hi everyone i live in LaFollette, TN
Thank you for the suggestions. I have heard of Gruber's but not been there. Putting it on my list for next time we are in the area.
That would be cool.
I'm live in a small town just East of East Lansing, MI, 50 years old, and a fabric addict.  I have always loved sewing, and  I just started quilting, and am hooked on this site - so many great quilts pictured on here.  I just finished a quilt for my sister in Denver and one for my niece getting married in AZ.  My Mother-in-Law made so many nice quilts over the years, and taught me a few things.  She was very practical, and always used a bedsheet for her backing, which is what I was doing.  I'm surprised at how many people use nice fabric for the backing of their quilts.  Are we the only ones to use a bedsheet?  Also, these quilts become like a child to me, and it's sometimes hard to give them away.   But, I have so much fabric I'm going to have to start giving quilts to charity.
I don't like quilting throught the bed sheet fabric.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service