Quilt With Us

Does anyone have any suggestions, comments or input on working with Flannel.I just purchased from CT the Flannel Baby Quilt kit... Just wondering if I can get some input on working with flannel....Ive used it before but not for this kind of project...

Thanks Mariclaire

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been quilting with flannel for years and have done nothing different sewing it than any other fabrics. I do wash it twice just to make sure that it has completly shrunk.
I use the flannel for the backs of all my quilts. The only thing different besides pre washing, I've noticed that some materials will have a right side and wrong side just as the calico prints do. With the flannel, I've noticed that one side is generally softer, the other side is not as soft and you can usually see the material weaving. If this is a printed flannel that you shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks Kathy for your input and advice. I really appreciate it.......
Thanks Gwyn, I just finished washing all the flannel pieces... and looking forward to making the quilt.
I'll post a pic when Im done....
I would suggest spray starch for working with it while making your blocks. I found that very helpful to keep it from stretching so badly.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service