Quilt With Us

Tell us all about the wonderful Quilt stores in Texas. Please add the address if you know it or URL address if there is one. We need to help our local stores all we can.

Views: 308

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! I am new to Texas and new to this group. If you are in the Austin area, may I suggest Lost Pines Quilts in Bastrop? Linda and Duane are the friendliest folks ever, and they have a great selection of fabrics. There is always something going on at the store too.

Becky in Bastrop, TX
It is always good to know where there are nice quilt shops. Out of your local area sometimes it is hard to find the real gems out there. We sometimes get in the car to go for a ride, and who knows where we might wander off to.
Sallie in Floresville
Another quilt shop fairly close to San Antonio would be Fabric 'n Friends in Castroville. This is a great quilt shop that has loads of fabric and patterns and notions... and it is bright and cheery. We often pick Castoville as a destination for a nice ride, we visit the wonderful bakery there and top it off with a visit to Fabric 'n Friends. Very friendly people there.
Address is: 813 Paris Street
Castroville, Texas 78009
www.fabricnfriends.com
It's been a long time since I have been able to come online and sign in, but I noticed the post for quilt shops. My favorite shop is:
Little Stitches Sewing Center
3340 Fm 1092
Missouri City TX 77459
281-403-1564
www.littlestitchessewing.com
Anyone going on the Across Texas shop hop? I hope to do at least two regions.
I took a bus tour of six quilt shops last weekend and found a couple of jewels. We went to Cotton Cupboard in Lakeway - OK, but kinda small; Poppy Quilt & Sew in Georgetown - don't really remember much; Tomorrow's Quilts in Waco - wonderful selection, but in a not-so-good part of town; Lone Star Quiltworks in Bryan - good selection, quite large; All Around the Block in Giddings - looks small but just goes on forever and has an incredible inventory and an extensive sale "room" that's actually a corner; and finally Quilter's Patch Victoria- the best. Six shops in two days was a bit much - Texas is a BIG state - especially with the time spent on the bus, but I wouldn't have missed The Quilter's Patch for anything. I highly recommend a stop there.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service