Quilt With Us

This will be our 5th,  and possibly final, “Secret Sister Swap” and is a yearlong commitment.  Please do not sign up for this swap if you can not complete this commitment!  You will need to make only 1 block per month for 12 months!  And it only requires 1-2 hours work per month. 

Maximum of 12 participants!  First come, first in!   Please send your name, address, phone #, and personal e-mail address to my personal e-mail:  aquiltersdream44@yahoo.com. This helps me with my bookkeeping.

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR THIS SWAP IS:  NOVEMBER 20, 2015!

Information:  Each participant will complete a questionnaire about her quilt likes and dislikes.  These need to be returned to me no later than December 10, 2015.  You will then be notified, by me, who your SS (Secret Sister) will be and you will be mailed her completed questionnaire.

When you get your SS’s questionnaire, you will make one 9 inch finished block, 9 ½ inches unfinished, per month using your SS’s likes.  The background will be determined by your SS.  At the end of the swap your SS should be able to make a quilt with the 12 blocks that you have made for her.

Block Instructions:  All 12 blocks should be different designs, using your SS’s choice of colors. Your SS will choose 2 main colors and a background color.  You may add in coordinating colors of your choice.  As always, please use good quality 100% cotton quilt fabric, pre-washed.  Just remember that you want your SS to be able to make a nice quilt from your blocks, so you should make something that you would like to receive yourself.  The SS that is making the blocks has the right to choose her favorite type of technique, piecing, paper-piecing, applique, hand, or machine, etc.   This way you can do your best work!

Mailing Instructions:  Each month for 11 months you will mail your SS’s completed block to me.  One block will fit in a 6” x 9” manila postage envelope, with NO metal clasps.  These will go through the mail with two  49 cent stamps.  I will then mail them to your SS.  This way, I will be the only person that knows who the SS’s are, until the swap is completed.  Please put your name, or one of those free address labels on the back of each block you mail.   On the 12th month,  you will send the final block directly to your SS along with anything you would like to say to her and a small quilt label with your information on it.  On the front of the mailing envelopes, please identify the swap number and the block number,  S 20, B 1, etc.  This helps me identify what comes in to me.

You will need to send  11- 6” x 9” envelopes, or $2.00, and 22 – 49 cent stamps to me for the re-mail to your SS.  The Post Office will not accept postage labels.  These are only good for 2 days.

HAVE FUN AND SEND YOUR BLOCKS TO ME BY THE 20th  of each month.  The 1st block is due to me by: Jan. 20th, 2016.

Carol Lee Poulis   CP from TX

Views: 2060

Replies to This Discussion

I am in, Carol. Thanks! I will send you my information in a bit, I have to get ready for work right now.

Count me in, Carol.  Will send info soon.  Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess and friend!

You can count me in too!

I'm going to pass on this Carol though the SS swaps have been so much fun. It is exciting to look forward to receiving a block each month.

I'm in and sending you my information

Glad to have you!

How would this work with someone from overseas re postage for you Carol?

When Pat Battison, in England, was in the swap, she sent postage money in a card to me and I purchased the stamps and mailed her blocks to her.  We never lost any of the money she sent.  If I get you for a swap partner, I will pay for the postage to you and you pay for the postage to send your blocks to me to go to your SS. Others have sent money to cover their postage via PayPal.  We will work something out. I ask on the questionnaire that you, and all the others, will receive and ask if they are willing to pay postage for a SS that is out of the country.  I hope this helps!

Then I will go in it too

Welcome Megan,  Your original message did not come through on my e-mail.  I am glad I remembered to check it this morning.  I think this will be fun for you!

Swap #20 is now closed!  We have 9 participants: Amanda Best, Donna Coppin, Sheila Covington, Kate Mooers, Bobbie Morrison, Carol Poulis, Donna Rosengarten, Megan Sawyer, and Jane Tutton!  Looks like a good group!  I will get the questionnaires in the mail by Monday.  Please fill them out (so I can read them) and mail them back to me ASAP, so I can draw the names and send your Secret Sister's information back to you in time for you to decide what you are going to make for her.  The first block is due to me by 1-20-16, so I can get them to your SS by the 1st of February.  PLEASE TRY TO BE PUNCTUAL, YOUR SS IS WAITING!

Carol I would be quite happy to do my questionnaire by email. I know that at this time of the year mail gets slower with Christmas cards and presents.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service