Quilt With Us

A-6

Views: 93

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Love it! This is one of my favorite blocks! Maybe someday, I'll make a whole quilt out of these little baskets!
Susan
WOW! what a perfect block and the print is also perfect for the block.

Thank you,
Diana
Looking good Carmen. Was this paper pieced? Did you applique the handle on?
Anne
Yes, Anne. I pieced the basket, cut the handle on the bias, sewed the strip along its long side, just to hava a steady width on the handle, and appliqued it to the background. Then I ripped the seam at the top of the basket a little to take both ends of the handle to the back of the block, and sewed them in place again, closing the part I had ripped. Does this makes sense?
Yes, its how I did the baskets in my "Grandmother's Garden" Quilt that is posted on my site.
I know exactly what you mean.
Carmen,

I just saw the blocks you have under "Share" WOW! I love the blocks and your color theme.

Diana

I-8
Carmen (31, 0, 0, 486)
Beautiful, simply beautiful!
Carmen I love your blue and white block and your basket. You are doing such great work.

A-4, J-9 and my own version of K-2. I play chess so it had to be a true checkerboard. Maybe we can use it as a game quilt LOL Carmen (34, 0, 0, 586)
Wow Carmen, these are great blocks!! I love the soft pink and blue of A-4 and J-9. Did you paper piece them? And I like your K-2 better than Jane's, even though I don't play chess. Your doing a wonderful job!!
Your A-4 is beautiful, Carmen. such a pretty shade of blue. And I had to chuckle when I saw your J-9 because I was busy with that one today, too. I can't wait to see which blocks you do tomorrow!!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service