Quilt With Us

I got started on my blocks this afternoon. This is so much fun that I don't want to stop! Pictured are C-12, K-2, M-12, and I-3. Also completed but not pictured are A-6, M-10, and C-3. Yes, I used my artistic license to interpret K-2. Mrs. Hansen (7,0,0,177)
Modified on 2-22; I removed the first pictures I posted full size, replaced them with smaller images. Pictured are C-3, A-6, K-3, M-5, E-8, E-9, J-4, and D-13.

Views: 146

Replies to This Discussion

You make me so happy!
You ladies are doing wonderful work on you Dear Jane. I have been side tracked a little. Must get back to it. Results of my bone scan are in and I need a knee replacement. Takes 4 months or longer to get in to see the surgeon and then who knows how long to have the surgery. Not that I am looking forward to it, but it affects my daily care giving of my two sons. Sorry to get off track but just wanted to update you.
Diane, you know we will be with you all along the way. Just take care and be positive about it. I can understand you are not looking forward to it, but once it is done you will feel better and be happy you did it. You know how it goes ... Mom's can't get sick!! Love protects and heals, and apart from all your family and friends, you know have us, wishing you a fast recovery, so everything will be just right. We love you, you know that.

Pictured are B-11, C-4, C-7, C-11. B-11 and C-11 are applique and machine piecing, C-4 and C-7 and hand- and machine piecing. I tweaked B-11; I ran a copy at 85%, then rearranged the strips that frame the center and cut the setting triangles larger to make up the difference in size. On C-7 I cut 4 of the pieces for the setting triangles before I remembered that the right angles would be the outside edges of the block. I cut the remaining four pieces with a generous seam allowance. The block measures a little small, but the stitching line is marked on the back and it will be OK. Edna (128, 0, 0, 2676, 2)
Edna,
I love them. Your choice of color is fantastic. So. so pretty!
Susan
You goof sometimes too??? Can't believe it! LOL. I have a couple of "little" blocks. Marking the stitching line in the back is a good idea I will have to copy from you! I am looking forward to seeing all your blocks put together, Edna. It is going to be such a sight, I'm sure.

Pictured are B-7, D-2, D-4, and D-11. B-7 is like A-3, four melons making a circle. On this one I made a circle template from the drafted block and used it to pencil a stitching line on the reverse of the background piece. It made the placement of the melons much easier. I'm heading off to Billings in the morning to spend my daughter's spring break with her. Next Monday or Tuesday I'll be driving to my mother's house in Colorado for the rest of my own spring break. I'm taking some hand work with me, but it's slow-going at this point. Edna (132, 0, 0, 2744, 2)
Edna,
Enjoy your daughter and your mom. And also the rest of your spring break. :) Your blocks are beautiful as usual. Did you notice your influence on some of Janet's blocks? Happy Easter to you and your family,
Susan

Several batches of rice&hamburger for my sick pup, one new water pump for my Chevy, lots of good music, several movies, lots of cooking a good eating later, my spring break is drawing to a close. I was able to complete several DJ blocks and still be a reasonably good hostess;-) Pictured are D-12, E-5, E-7, and F-1. D-12, E-7 and F-1 all combine machine piecing and applique. When it came time to tackle E-5, I studied long and hard, trying to figure out how to do it. In the end, I cut the paper copy in half and paper pieced it. MUCH easier than I had anticipated. It went so easily that I also paper pieced the corners on E-5 (completed, waiting to be photographed in a foursome) Edna (136, 0, 0, 2834, 2)
Edna,
Beautiful, as always! How's the puppy? Do you know what is wrong with him?
My Aussie is well. She has a very sensitive nature and pretty much gets ill every time we travel. Varies between refusal to eat and all-out sick. She doesn't get car-sick at all and loves to come along, so I'm trying to figure out how to care for her in a more pro-active way. Next trip I'll switch her to home-made food when we leave, maybe that will help.

Pictured are F-2, F-10, F-11, F-12. I had fun doing all the pinwheel based blocks (F-1, F-2, F-11, F-12). I know F-11 isn't pinwheel based as drafted, but I decided to make it so. F-10 might be the most mis-named block in the book. Pot holder? Trivet, maybe. Edna (140, 0, 0, 2919, 2)

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service