Quilt With Us

I got started on my blocks this afternoon. This is so much fun that I don't want to stop! Pictured are C-12, K-2, M-12, and I-3. Also completed but not pictured are A-6, M-10, and C-3. Yes, I used my artistic license to interpret K-2. Mrs. Hansen (7,0,0,177)
Modified on 2-22; I removed the first pictures I posted full size, replaced them with smaller images. Pictured are C-3, A-6, K-3, M-5, E-8, E-9, J-4, and D-13.

Views: 146

Replies to This Discussion

For once that I say something serious!
Edna, your blocks are marvelous. You must be super organized to teach all day and then sew so many blocks at night. You remind me of Mary Poppins. Your blocks are supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!!!!
Janet
WOW ! that's quite the word to spell....can you do it backwards....without peeking......?

This has been a busy evening of .... sewing. What else? Pictured are G-2, G-3, G-13, and H-1. And I completely botched my first block this evening. It looked like straighforward piecing to me, so I jumped in. When I had it completed, I noticed that although the seams looked like they were alligned, opposite points were 1//4 inch off. What? I was going to resort to paper piecing that block, but the third time I laid my ruler on it trying to figure out what went wrong the problem became apparent. And I'll try that one again tomorrow. Edna (37,0,0,655)

Of course you can come and live in my spare bedroom, Carmen. It will be all sewing, all the time. I'm seriously going to slow down because I will run out of easy blocks. Or I may pause to create and all "Seven Sisters" dolly quilt like I want to. Purple batiks or all pinks... Anyway, pictured are L-1, L-4, L-8, and (drumroll) M-10. Edna (40,0,0,713)
It's okay to pause,,,I did ...for 4 years!!! I love looking at your blocks Edna.
It seems every one I do,,,I get it done and say,,ugh,,,,I didn't do that one very well!
I don't have problems with any other quilting....just these blocks. I seem to have a mental block with so many of them. How did you do the rounded edges in the navy 'four leaf clover' one? Is it appliqued on?
I love your colours. (you probably spell it colors in USA, right?)
I too seem to be running out of 'easy blocks'!
Anne
The frame on G-3, the clover, was easy to applique using freezer paper and starch. I remove the paper before doing any sewing. The clover was much more difficult because of the deep inside cuts. I tried it first using one piece of fabric; was not able to even get it ironed into a shape where I thought I could proceed. I ended up doing it in 4 pieces. Each petal was pressed around freezer paper, then I did a little gathering stitch on the back. I pressed, starched, and removed the paper. Then I stitched the four petals together into one unit and appliqued it. I hate it when you get raveling at an inside cut, and this way there are no inside cuts.
I think in this quilt each block is a little work of art. I'd like for each fabric to be a color/design I just love, but of course that's not always true. Edna
I've never used starch before. When do you spray that on? When the block is completed?
One of my friends, who I consider a master applique person, has a little stick tube of glue, that she runs the needle through, when doing deep crevices and corners, like in the clover. She says it holds the little threads in until she can get it sewn. She also snips the 1/4 " area very slightly so that it lays flat when appliqued.
Your blocks are beautiful!
I think I'm falling behind..........
I gave up on trying to keep up with Edna. Like everything in life ... there's an advantage at letting her get ahead ... she makes such beautiful little blocks we can all copy her ideas. :)
Janet said it all with her word! You did great on M-10 too, inspite of the difficulty. May I suggest you make the Seven Sisters King Size?? You'll have the dolly quilt done in one day! Love, Carmen
Yeah Edna, how would you feel if you had to go out to buy collars for your dogs instead of being able to sew??? I think you should dedicate some time to reflect upon this too ... while you work on your Seven Sisters. Lets show a bit of simpathy for Janet. :)
Edna,

You should be very proud of yourself, your block are great. Thank you for sharing them with us, how long did it take you to complete them?

Diana

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service