Another six Dear Jane blocks; 4 applique and 2 paper pieced. A-7, C-9, G-13, A-5, F-13, and A-9. I should have just appliqued a circle in the middle of G-13 instead of those tiny arcs. I used the magic circle method for the circles on F-13 and used a product called Solvy for the melons. A-9 is definitely the hardest block I've paper pieced. The center went together easily, but I had a lot of trouble estimating the size of the fabric patches for the outer strips.
Oh, Janet, you are doing such a great job! I have to take a picture of the back of my G-13 so you can all have a laugh! It's funny how some blocks have been put together in such different ways. Don't ask me where I got this fabulous idea for G-13 from. I didn't want to piece the little arcs separately because I thought they would never match, so I made all the center piece be just one shape. Once I had decided that I could visualize a 9-patch with the center piece appliqued. And finally my stingy spirit must have appeared because I thought ... I can skip the center piece from the 9-patch and save some fabric LOL. Of course, I convinced myself I was doing this to reduce bulk. So I appliqued the circle with nothing under it. It looks so out of place!
Six more blocks completed. Pictured are A-13, D-9, D-1, B-5, E-5, and B-12. I paper pieced A-13 not realizing that I'd need to do Y seams. It didn't lie flat until I ripped the paper piecing pattern off. I did reverse applique on B-5 and B-12. B-5 went smoothly. I started over five times with B-12; this last effort looks almost the same as my first. The melons and the middle shape are on the small side. Better finished than perfect.
Janet (46, 0, 0, 841,5)
Wow, Janet. SIX new blocks! They are beautiful, too. What you did on B-5 and B-12 sounds very smart. I love your D-1. I'm putting all the Y-seams off until ... who knows when LOL. Your sun looks so merry in pink! Great job on all of them. I have to get back to mine!