Quilt With Us

I'm thinking of buying a Janome 3160. Is it a good machine? Has anyone had problems with this model?

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

There are a number of online reviews of the 3160, Gail; but the few I read were all several years old and mentioned a couple problems that may have been corrected by now.  I've found that a lot of the problems with machines depend on the technical abilities of service people at your dealership, too.  If possible, I'd recommend having a chat with someone in the service department and see if there are any specific issues they see with the 3160, or visit a couple different Janome dealers if that's possible.

I have a Janome 8200QC that I love and use for both piecing and free motion quilting.  I couldn't be happier with it and have had zero problems with it in the three years since I bought it.  I'm surprised that the 3160 has many of the same features as my larger machine...namely the speed control (great for free motion quilting), needle up/down and the thread cutter.  It looks like a lot of machine for the money without being cluttered up with features you might never use.

It looks like a great machine for classes and traveling. It is light weight and has good features. I'm going to test it today.

I think Janome is a top machine, no matter the model number.  My daughter has the cheapest model they make and it sews excellently for what it does.  Due to this, when my older machines gave out and I needed something for utility sewing and making charity quilts (lots of hard straight-line sewing) I bought a Janome HD3000 last year.  I am not a good machine quilter, but I quilted one quilt this year on the Janome and my stitches were perfect, much better than one I did a couple of years ago on my computerized Elna Quilter's Dream.  I am very happy with my Janome.  

I agree, Mary.  If I needed a smaller, more portable machine, I'd buy another Janome in a heartbeat.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2018   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service