Quilt With Us

Block size                12 1\2" unfinished to finish at 12"

Pattern .                  Log Cabin

Colors .                    Center 31\2" square jewel tone ( brights)

Logs cut at 2"

black with white print

white with black print

Here are measurements in the layout diagram and a pic of one block from my quilt. Thanks for your patience.

As for a time frame, if you could have your blocks mailed to me in the next two weeks that would be great. I would love to have this to her by some time in May. 

My address is .     Cindy Radtke

1217 Bonnie View Acres Rd.

Oak Harbor, WA  98277

Any questions, just ask. I will post photos along the way as I put it together and before it's ready for quilting. Will post different layout options for your input. 

Views: 1464

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, it took me most of the day, but I finished 4 blocks (2 are from Agnes).  In the mail to you on Monday, Cindy.  I have made log cabin blocks before, but you sure wouldn't know it!  I have to admit I did a little rippin' here.  I tried hard to make each block different and scramble the fabrics, but right  now my eyes are crossed! 

Eeek!  My iron is still on!

Mary Agnes would love to hear about all our trials and tribulations on this project - She would laugh her head off!  Experienced quilters who can't even put together a log cabin correctly!  Geesh!

You are sew right, Carol Ann! There needs to be a short story to go with this endeavor.

Hey, when figuring the sizes, I finally drew it out to the correct measurements to make sure. Hmmm, could be we're not as young as we once were. I know I have  moments of some serious "brain fog".  

Cindy - Packaging them up as soon as I post this. I wanted you to know they came out slightly larger than 12.5 inches; but, I'll let you trim them down since you're putting them together. I know the log cabin is a very forgiving block so, I'll leave it up to you. The most I'd think it would need to be trimmed would be about an 1/8th inch so, not much but, I press each round as I go.

Sound good to me, Sheil. They're wonderful.

My little contribution is almost done! Just have to sew the binding to the back. I will post a picture when finished.

Wonderful Kathleen. Look forward to seeing it.

It's a mug rug with Chou on it!! A few of our members sent me bits of fabric for Addie's quilt and this is from one of them. I had posted the blocks I made with this animal fabric and mentioned I think the dog looks like Mary Agnes's Chou. She thought so too and had said she's never seen fabric with her dog on it. So I think she will like this:

That is, Kathleen, just about the cutest thing ever, and Mary Agnes is just going to love it!

Absolutely perfect Kathleen! Yes, she will love it. 

Precious - she'll love it!

Love it.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service