Quilt With Us

Hi gang!  After looking at some of the most awesome quilts that I have seen at AQS last week, Peg and I happened upon an entry that was done by a group.  I know the Art Quilt group here does something similar and I would like to try this with our group.  Here's what we do......I have a picture that that is blown up.  Each participant receives one portion of the photo ( without seeing the entire photo).  It is your job to interpret the piece with any technique(s) you choose.  The major lines, of course, of the photo should be maintained.  Once I recieve all of the pieces back, I sew them all together and then it is quilted.  You can think in or outside the box as far as color and technique.  Some examples would be thread painting, hand or machine applique, embroidery, raw edge applique, beading, etc. 

I figure that we could open this up to all that would be wanting to do this the beginning of January and I would give everyone 8 weeks to complete their portion.  Depending on the number of people we have sign up would dictate the size block each of us would be doing.  The more people, the smaller the size.

We all need to break out of our little comfort zones once in a while and try something new.  I think this would be fun and maybe we would enter our group quilt at the State Fair or even AQS next year???

All I ask is that if you sign up to participate, that you honor your obligation.  We can't have a quilt missing one square.  Let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions.  I can post the rest of the guidelines after we see if there is enough interested. 

THIS IS GONNA BE F-U-N!!!!

Views: 1099

Replies to This Discussion

Melzee, with the ones signed up so far, what will the approximate size be for each block or section they will complete?  I am still debating on this.  It sounds like fun, but I don't want to sign up and then be stressing out trying to get my plans and complete the project. 

wrong challenge reply. sorry

Nancy-Right now we have 8 people.  I was really hoping to have it finished at about 24x36 inches.  If I can get Staple to blow it up a little more, I will probably do that so it may measure 36x42  So each piece right now would be 24 x 4.5 inches or 36x5.25 inches.  You do not quilt it, so your little sliver would be your "block" so to speak.  I have decided not to do a block and I'll just piece it and quilt it.  If we get a few more people, those dimensions will of course change.  Does that sound doable Nancy?

Melzee when we getting our piece to work on?????  Just checking

Betty-I set Jan 10 which is tomorrow for the deadline.  There are 4 people that said they wanted to do this and I haven't had them give me their email address.  I'm going to send them messages and if I don't hear back from them by Sunday, we will go with the ones we have.  So I will get you pieces in the mail on Monday and email you the directions along with sending them in the mail too. 

Okie dokie Melzee,  I hope you didn't think I am being pushy,  I am excited about starting.

I'm still willing to give it a try.

Here's my email: ebeling@gofast.am

YIKES!!!  I got my piece of the puzzle today.  Oh my.  I'll be emailing you, Melzee!  I have a couple of questions about what something is in my picture.  Is the finished piece supposed to be the same size as the big piece you sent?  And I thought you were helping us out by pixelating it!! 

I got mine today,too!  Now to dig out my Nancy Zeman landscape quilting book!

Jackie-I need a half inch seam allowance all around.  So whatever size your piece is and a half inch on EACH side.  If it's more than a half inch each side, that's fine.  Just not our usual quarter inch sean allownce. 

Didn't get mine yet, but I think I'm afraid to go to the mailbox tomorrow.  LOL

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service