Quilt With Us

Hi gang!  After looking at some of the most awesome quilts that I have seen at AQS last week, Peg and I happened upon an entry that was done by a group.  I know the Art Quilt group here does something similar and I would like to try this with our group.  Here's what we do......I have a picture that that is blown up.  Each participant receives one portion of the photo ( without seeing the entire photo).  It is your job to interpret the piece with any technique(s) you choose.  The major lines, of course, of the photo should be maintained.  Once I recieve all of the pieces back, I sew them all together and then it is quilted.  You can think in or outside the box as far as color and technique.  Some examples would be thread painting, hand or machine applique, embroidery, raw edge applique, beading, etc. 

I figure that we could open this up to all that would be wanting to do this the beginning of January and I would give everyone 8 weeks to complete their portion.  Depending on the number of people we have sign up would dictate the size block each of us would be doing.  The more people, the smaller the size.

We all need to break out of our little comfort zones once in a while and try something new.  I think this would be fun and maybe we would enter our group quilt at the State Fair or even AQS next year???

All I ask is that if you sign up to participate, that you honor your obligation.  We can't have a quilt missing one square.  Let me know if you are interested and if you have any questions.  I can post the rest of the guidelines after we see if there is enough interested. 

THIS IS GONNA BE F-U-N!!!!

Views: 1099

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  I can't wait to see it when it's done (and in person!).  I was SEW out of my box with this besides being amongst over-achievers!!

Finally I have a computer and the program now to download pictures.  So here is our work in progress.

WOW  Melzee its coming along really good.  Your doing a good job my friend. Keep up the good work.

This looks so good.  You are all truly artists.  I can't even imagine doing something like this.  I am in AWE!!

Looking great Melzee - love all the decorative stitichng you're adding.

Thank you,Melzee-this was sew much fun-I,too am among over-achievers,but enjoyed the chance to stretch a little!

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service